ADVERTISEMENT

Site change (My Take)

PUfan

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
For any who care, this is my take.

First, I thought the switch over was not done well. I signed into the app and there were cryptic messages and the name changed. There was very little transparency. Like everyone here, I joined for the writers and didn't know if they were sticking around or were gone. The first announcements to the new team were people that were going to be more on the administrative side vs the actual full time writers. Once I found the new location of gold and black I joined it and was thinking I am done here.

After reading Casey's introduction, my perspective really changed. This shouldn't be treated as an either/or like most messages say and like how I thought about things initially. Reverse things. Think about this as a new Purdue site with additional writers. I don't think people just read espn for news and stories. You go to other sites too.

I haven't really read Hammer and Rails, so I don't know any of the writers like many of you do. I read the introduction by Casey and it sounds like he went to Purdue and is a fan. I am curious how his perspective will be differ from Brian / Tom's. Maybe I will like it more. Maybe he will lead the chants to fire every offensive / defensive coordinator after a bad game.

I have a couple months left on my membership. I am treating this as a trial membership. I will decide whether to continue based on the quality of writing and whether it is worth the cost as I do with any membership. I hope people don't compare the writing and scoops they get vs what Brian and Tom have.

Just my take

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News