ADVERTISEMENT

Should SS be removed?

Not removed, but give people a choice to opt out. The weak in society need it.

I am sure many would opt out, especially those independent folks who know they can do WAY better than a wasteful Government with their own money.

Reactions: TheGunner
Not removed, but give people a choice to opt out. The weak in society need it.

I am sure many would opt out, especially those independent folks who know they can do WAY better than a wasteful Government with their own money.
The people who would opt out are the ones putting in the majority of the money. The weak in society who need it don’t contribute much.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
The people who would opt out are the ones putting in the majority of the money. The weak in society who need it don’t contribute much.
"Weak" is a pretty major euphemism here. Who is "weak" by your definition?

If anything, we should be collecting more SS instead of stopping additional SS collections at a certain salary level.

"Weak" is a pretty major euphemism here. Who is "weak" by your definition?

If anything, we should be collecting more SS instead of stopping additional SS collections at a certain salary level.
I used his word. Weak are the lesser wage earners.

I've posted a few times over the years exactly what the tweet was about...and asked others to calculate their own if they don't believe it. What happens to all the money from all the people that have SS taken out...say from 18 to 61 that die? Check a mortality table to see how many. What would happen if the other half or employer's contributions were not forced to pay as well. Would there be lower costs of products or profits to negotiate? You see, the government knows better how to spend your money on sooooooooo many things.

I must admit though that when I saw the SS I couldn't help but wonder which "progressive" it was.

They do, but people are living longer and taking more money out than they contributed to the program.

It won't happen unless we have a conservative Congress & President......and doubtful still then, because Govt want control. But America needs an opt out SS feature..... one with money going into a private account, but still regulated so no withdrawal possibilities until age 50 at least.

Overall, Govt needs to get out of our lives & that includes getting out of the SS business.

It won't happen unless we have a conservative Congress & President......and doubtful still then, because Govt want control. But America needs an opt out SS feature..... one with money going into a private account, but still regulated so no withdrawal possibilities until age 50 at least.

Overall, Govt needs to get out of our lives & that includes getting out of the SS business.
Once started just like obama care there is no going back

Reactions: BoilerJS
Once started just like obama care there is no going back
Remember when Bush was wanting to allow an opt out years ago? The dems not wanting to give back some freedom to the people to spend their own money showed ads on TV where someone was pushing Grandma off the cliff. So stupid people have been with us for some time... ;)

not going to find that ad today unless someone spent a lot of time digging deeper going back a few decades. Part of the internet findings based upon hits...and losing old data

If you give people the chance to opt out, it will die even quicker.

Need to be a better way for a security net where we own our money, but can't use it until after meeting certain savings requirements.

See reasonable people can come up with solutions, because they focus on common sense & people.......but when your focus is on Government, and not the people, you can't solve anything.

Need to be a better way for a security net where we own our money, but can't use it until after meeting certain savings requirements.
It's called a 401k.
See reasonable people can come up with solutions, because they focus on common sense & people.......but when your focus is on Government, and not the people, you can't solve anything.
People need to realize that government can't solve our problems. For every problem the try to solve, they create 3-5 more problems. The only way out is shrinking Federal government and everyone embracing personal responsibility.

• Love
Reactions: tjreese
But to be clear, of course folks have those, my point is it would be better for people if the 12% went in one of those.....and not to a corrupt Govt.
100%. You don't have to convinced me, you have to convince those that still think the Fed government is the best place for our money. We all know people like that. Every time I hear them talk like that all I can do is look at them sideways because rational gets you nowhere.

Yep. I guess that is another name for the theft it is.
In one sense I dont have any problem at all with helping the poor. It is our duty IMO to do so. Before SS the churches and other similar groups helped needy people at a local level. I remember as a kid everyone knew who the real needy people were and everyone helped them out. Doctors didn't charge them, etc. Now that the Gov is doing in charge it is a disaster. Very predictable.

In one sense I dont have any problem at all with helping the poor. It is our duty IMO to do so. Before SS the churches and other similar groups helped needy people at a local level. I remember as a kid everyone knew who the real needy people were and everyone helped them out. Doctors didn't charge them, etc. Now that the Gov is doing in charge it is a disaster. Very predictable.

The church still helps those in real need. Many have food pantries, etc. Samaritans Purse is at every disaster on the planet funded solely by the church.

I prefer the Govt out of our lives, but can get behind a safety net......but that should be limited and of short duration. But our Govt has 2200 different giveaway programs to "help" it's citizenry. That is over the top.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT