ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting at home

BoilerDaddy

All-American
Mar 26, 2009
Perhaps the most surprising Purdue stat this year is that the Boilers are shooting only 30.9% from 3 at home is year, compared to 33.5% everywhere else. In addition, according to Bart Torvik, Purdue’s defensive efficiency has also been much better away from home than in Mackey.

I am thinking that with the return of students, this trend is likely to change and Mackey will be one of the toughest places for opponents to play in the country this season, but the current splits are interesting.

Last year Purdue started off shooting red hot and things cooled off quite a bit as the season wore on. Hunter was the only one who really maintained his 3 point percentage if I remember correctly.

The recent trend shows this team might be the reverse of that, which I'd take in a heartbeat obviously. If guys like Jenkins, Loyer, and Gillis start consistently hitting like they are capable of, this team becomes nearly unbeatable most nights.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Last year Purdue started off shooting red hot and things cooled off quite a bit as the season wore on. Hunter was the only one who really maintained his 3 point percentage if I remember correctly.

The recent trend shows this team might be the reverse of that, which I'd take in a heartbeat obviously. If guys like Jenkins, Loyer, and Gillis start consistently hitting like they are capable of, this team becomes nearly unbeatable most nights.
It seems this team has better shooter's, because Braden has been pretty efficient with the ball, playing aggressive when needed and makes the correct pass. Hunter last year didn't have the burst or vision of Smith. To me that's the reason we saw #1 after losing so many key pieces from last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT