ADVERTISEMENT

Scholarship Availability

Nov 20, 2006
Someone had posted on here a while ago a spreadsheet of scholarship availability currently and for the next few years as kids graduated. Can someone post that again? Thank you.

If you click on the top of the page there is a roster. It's not hard to figure out. More than likely the guy who keeps it may be on break this week. Don't take it personally. We have Cline and Weatherford coming in with space for one more unless players leave, which is likely. Hammons and Davis are our only juniors and CJ Walker will get one of those. After that, it's anyone's best guess.

I don't have a spreadsheet of the grid but I can just type it out for you:

Current Scholarship Projections:

2015-2016: 2016-2017: 2017-2018: 2018-2019:

1. Davis (Sr.)

2. Hammons (Sr.)

3. Scott (Jr.) 1. Scott (Sr.)

4. Smotherman (Jr.) 2. Smotherman (Sr.)

5. Stephens (Jr.) 3. Stephens (Sr.)

6. Edwards (So.) 4. Edwards (Jr.) 1. Edwards (Sr.)

7. Haas (So.) 5. Haas (Jr.) 2. Haas (Sr.)

8. Mathias (So.) 6. Mathias (Jr.) 3. Mathias (Sr.)

9. Thompson (So.) 7. Thompson (Jr.) 4. Thompson (Sr.)

10. Taylor (RS Fr.) 8. Taylor (RS So.) 5. Taylor (RS Jr.) 1. Taylor (RS Sr.)

11. Cline (Fr.) 9. Cline (So.) 6. Cline (Jr.) 2. Cline (Sr.)

12. Weatherford (Fr.) 10. Weatherford (So.) 7. Weatherford (Jr.) 3. Weatherford (Sr.)

13. vacant 11. Walker (Fr.) 8. Walker (So.) 4. Walker (Jr.)

12. vacant 9. vacant 5. vacant

13. vacant 10. vacant 6. vacant

11. vacant 7. vacant

12. vacant 8. vacant

13. vacant 9. vacant

10. vacant

11. vacant

12. vacant

13. vacant

Lol, nevermind, that didn't work too well, unless you can decipher the jumble.

I guess my biggest question is, how is there still room for 1 more scholarship next year? 2 guys graduated (Octeus and Beshears) and 2 kids are coming in to fill those scholarships (Cline and Weatherford). Where is the open scholarship that remains coming from? Thanksl

Originally posted by ericwood_98:
I guess my biggest question is, how is there still room for 1 more scholarship next year? 2 guys graduated (Octeus and Beshears) and 2 kids are coming in to fill those scholarships (Cline and Weatherford). Where is the open scholarship that remains coming from? Thanksl
Stephen Toyra probably won't be on scholarship next season. The coaching staff awarded one to him and Beshears for '14-'15. They were able to do that because they had just 10 traditional scholarship players on board going into the season (11 once Octeus joined and was cleared in October).

This post was edited on 3/28 10:04 PM by nagemj02

Here's creams scholarship grid, copied it from pigs:

2015. 2016. 2017. 2018. 2019. 2020

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!??!!!!?????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!??!!!!???????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!??!!!!?????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!??!!!!?????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!??!!!!???????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!??!!!!?????????????????????????????????????????

Loosiers Criticize Coach Cal for Taking Advantage of Rules One & Dones

But which is worse pursuing one and dones with the hope of getting to the NBA or putting the over the top sales job on a kid, get him, then continue to over recruit and if you land a better player the first kid is forced out. The first seems more honorable than the second.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT