ADVERTISEMENT

Saban retires - Any portal activity we can hope for?

I’m not sure we have much room on our roster left? I thought we were close. Doubt we get any offensive players except maybe a WR.

I have no idea how many scholarships we have left.

Saban was one of those coaches we love to hate. I remember sitting in RA as Tiller, Brees, & Co, stuffed Saban's #5 Spartans. A glorious Homecoming, 1999.
Was that the Chris Daniels game? I was also at that one.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
I was at that one and the blocked FG miracle game in 97.
I was too. And at 15 years old, that 97 game is what completely set the hook in me and ruined the rest of my life. lol

Didn't Todd Stelma block a punt the following year to beat them in EL? Don't ask me how I remember that name lol

Reactions: Flot
I have no idea how many scholarships we have left.

Saban was one of those coaches we love to hate. I remember sitting in RA as Tiller, Brees, & Co, stuffed Saban's #5 Spartans. A glorious Homecoming, 1999.

Did Matt Mitrione intercept a screen pass in that one near the end of the game?

Nope, not with Washington’s Head Coach accepting the job today! You might get some from the fallout at Washington though.

Last edited:
The IU NIL program was Taco Bell coupons until their hooper got arrested in the parking lot because they wouldn’t serve him. Not a smart move and he’s earned the wrath of his basketball and football brethren. TB is considered gourmet food in Bloomington, as is anything with the employee discount from Walmart.

Caleb Downs, a second team AA, just announced that he is entering the Portal. He is a safety that we could definitely use. However, I know that is an absolute long shot.

Following his position coach from Alabama?
Correct. He also grew up about 30 minutes from Athens.

If it’s not UGA, for some reason he really likes Day and OSU and was close to committing there the first time according to “inside” sources. Decision should be quick and I’d be 99.9% certain it’s one of those two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT