ADVERTISEMENT

Rickie Collins update

amarcott

All-American
Sep 11, 2011
He just did an interview with On3 behind a paywall. They do offer a 7-day free trial to their LSU site which I may or may not keep, lmao.

Relevant parts:

Purdue jumped on him early, landing his commitment in October. He is fresh off an official visit to check out the program and liked what he saw enough to say he’s sticking with Purdue.

“100 percent committed to Purdue. It’s not changing,” Collins told The Bengal Tiger. “They feel that I’m their guy and I feel the same way about them so I’m going there. The official visit showed that I was the guy for them and pretty sure they got the same from me. It’s just the family feel.

“They were being genuine, very transparent with me that this is what I really liked.”

Yay!

Despite taking a visit to Tallahassee and other programs checking in on him, Collins said his actions will show that he’s locked in with the Boilermakers.

“I am committed and I am 100 percent committed to Purdue,” Rickie Collins said. “By the end of this month, everybody will know. It’ll be set.”

I don't know what's happening at the end of the month? Purdue tattoo? Drops a diss track on the other schools?

The article mentioned LSU and Florida State recruiting him, but "are open with him" which I think is code word for "we're waiting to see what Arch Manning does." I think Brian's right where this recruitment will probably change a lot once that domino falls, but it sounds promising so far.

Edit: Whoops, didn't see someone post this in the other thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News