ADVERTISEMENT

RE: Woodson and Indiana basketball

Maybe Woody should call in Rev. Coach Leo for advice and a sermon.
Same question for you .. Where do you want Xavier Johnson to be?
  • Kicked out of IU but allowed to play anywhere else?
  • Banned from college basketball?
  • Kicked out of college?
  • In jail for a felony (a year+ sentence) for driving really fast and not pulling over immediately?
  • In jail for a shorter time period?
Should all people that drive too fast and don't pull over immediately but are cooperative and sober get this treatment? If so, do you think that will be helpful toward those people overcoming their worst moments and becoming a squared away citizen?

Shhhh….everything is great in Bloomington. They just made the NCAAT for the first time in 6 years.

Woodson is awesome! They’ll be completing for the Top 20 next year.🤣
Lol but you have to admit he is doing better than his predecessor

Johnson when he plays is a douche. Always that extra little shove with the innocent look, the grade school kid that always wanted you to hit him so he can run to the teacher. As for his incident, he’ll gets a 1-2 game suspension, doesn’t deserve to be booted because of it. The NW stuff was an in house matter, he didn’t get in legal trouble over it. Also, let’s not act like Purdue’s players are perfect, my guess is the doobies are blazing from time to time, I could care less.

Same question for you .. Where do you want Xavier Johnson to be?
  • Kicked out of IU but allowed to play anywhere else?
  • Banned from college basketball?
  • Kicked out of college?
  • In jail for a felony (a year+ sentence) for driving really fast and not pulling over immediately?
  • In jail for a shorter time period?
Should all people that drive too fast and don't pull over immediately but are cooperative and sober get this treatment? If so, do you think that will be helpful toward those people overcoming their worst moments and becoming a squared away citizen?
There is a post on the IU board that says that he was also driving while having a suspended license from a previous ticket and had never paid the fine.
If true, does that "up the ante" for you?

Personally, I would suspend him at least 5 games, but you give him the full "this is your last strike" speech. And that's the athletic side. Who knows what the student code of conduct will say about this. As long as the felony charge is still on the table, his hands may be tied in that he can't be on the team as long as that stands.

There is a post on the IU board that says that he was also driving while having a suspended license from a previous ticket and had never paid the fine.
If true, does that "up the ante" for you?

Personally, I would suspend him at least 5 games, but you give him the full "this is your last strike" speech. And that's the athletic side. Who knows what the student code of conduct will say about this. As long as the felony charge is still on the table, his hands may be tied in that he can't be on the team as long as that stands.
Excellent post IMO.

And that's why when asked, it's easy to say "he did wrong," but really hard to know what the consequences should be, because it's not clear what his status was going into the incident. Some message board poster saying he had a suspended license doesn't mean that's the case, though if true that is a big deal for his court appearance.

• Haha
Reactions: Indy_Rider
Oh heck no! I would assume that the rest of you simply disagree.

Twindegrees2 is a racist. I'm waiting for him to call Woodson and Armond Hill "thugs." Now stand by for his counter-move calling Anthony Leal a thug. Then down the road he gets cocky and just cannot help but blurt out transparently racist garbage.
You're an idiot. I feel bad for Leal....he's been lied to, too many times. And X is a loser who just keeps screwing up. Million Dollar talent and a 50 cent head.

Deal with it because I'd say the same thing if it were Galloway who did what X has done. But you just keep on supporting his stupidity and making your accusations.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HoosierfanJM
You're an idiot. I feel bad for Leal....he's been lied to, too many times. And X is a loser who just keeps screwing up. Million Dollar talent and a 50 cent head.

Deal with it because I'd say the same thing if it were Galloway who did what X has done. But you just keep on supporting his stupidity and making your accusations.
You just don't appreciate being outed for what many on this board have seen.

You just don't appreciate being outed for what many on this board have seen.
You're still an idiot. And really not worth reading your bull. Keep supporting X....his military family has done such a great job making him a great young man who the entire team should look up to.

I'd guess after Sampson, IU now has a lawyer up fund for kids that screw up. The maximum sentence for a Class A misdemeanor of which resisting arrest is one is 365 days in jail and up to a $5000 fine. And seeing as he has the other arrest last fall, I'm guessing the judge won't be favorable to him.

Oh, and about that reckless driving charge...Reckless driving — A first time violator can face a Class B misdemeanor charge punishable by up to $1,000 in fines and up to 180 days incarceration as well as possible license suspension for up to one year.

There's a real reason this is his third or fourth college and which should soon be his last

Last edited:
Let's set this straight. Gillis one infraction. Johnson a room full and the fact you're not mentioning is Johnson had another traffic infraction last fall. I'll say this as a former IU guy, he needs to be gone because he's had enough chances and if Woody doesn't boot his ass to the curb now, Woody should never mention changing the culture at IU again.

I'm actually surprised that you'd support Johnson being in an IU uniform.
You're missing the point, which is nobody from either program should be holier than thou.

Lol but you have to admit he is doing better than his predecessor
Not really, if you look long term. Right now IU seems in a bad place next year. Coach Woodson I
Has a lot of work to do in the portal, and maybe recruiting.

Not really, if you look long term. Right now IU seems in a bad place next year. Coach Woodson I
Has a lot of work to do in the portal, and maybe recruiting.
Definitely a mess but they seemed better this year. Big Defensive improvement. I’m a huge Matta fan and Butler is better as a result

Reactions: mathboy
Talking to a good friend today...former banker...who has great connections to the IU basketball program.

Dane was let go because of his belief that punishments should be tougher than Woodson was giving and he hated the way players were allowed to go through the motions. More Knight in Fife than Izzo, and Dane confronted Woody about it. Woodson accused Fife of insubordination and trying to run the show. Woodson also takes no advice from his assistants and all they do is work during practices.

It seems that Matta didn't agree with Woodson's philosophy either, that he wouldn't listen to Thad, who would have pretty much taken any opportunity to get away from the current situation in Bloomington. I'm personally happy for Matta because he's always been a great guy.

According to my friend, it's total chaos right now in Trailer City trying to save Johnson's scholarship. I'm guessing there is a shortage of Old Milwaukee Light in Monroe County tonight.

Also, look for Woodson to rely on the portal for players and slow down recruiting. For what he wants to do to mimic the NBA, that suits him better.
Probably the natural shake-out when you throw three alphas at a problem. Matta and Fife were probably miserable not calling the shots. And with all of the talent they had, it might have worked out if IU had made a big jump (and finished higher than 9th in the Big Ten o_O ). But now Matta and Fife can believe that the season would have been better if they had been heard, but the situation won't improve.

Are you saying something should have been done with Johnson about the incident that just happened yesterday? If so I am sure the staff is still fact checking the situation and not rushing to judgement. Also, not sure what penalty everyone wants but in my opinion going fast in a car and trying to switch seats doesn't warrant losing a scholarship. Was it dumb and stupid yes but he wasn't drinking or anything like that so this may all be handled internally and we may never know the punishment short of suspending him a few games next year.
Wasn’t speeding it was reckless driving a class c misdemeanor. And fleeing an officer a felony. If convicted it’s a minimum of 6 months in prison.

Reactions: BSIT
How many chances is Woody giving him ?
Woodson is desperate...it is how Johnson ended up there to begin with, and, it is why he remains there...Woodson talks about "culture" and what not, and, it is mere talk...he has no PG other than Johnson and the incoming freshman. The mere complete silence on the matter speaks volumes actually. Again, fine by me as guys like that will ultimately do more harm than good, and, as long as he remains desperate (and, he just lost the two guys that were brought in with him, which does not help)...there will be continued concessions. He, like others there, believe it is merely about accumulation of talent, and, like others, it will be why he does not ultimately win...more so with bad character guys if he continues to ignore it, and, in cases like this, condone it.

You don't 'got it', loosier. That is not what I said.
Oh, I get it. I assumed you meant it for those who were CONVICTED. I also chose not respond to your condescending answer. I suppose you may think it is a positive thing and super-cool, super-clever to be able to mock instead of respond.

If someone is convicted of threatening and choking out a man or woman, I would suspect they'd be looking at a felony jail sentence. Anyone! Even a football player. So clever you must think you are. I ask about the substance and you respond "Loosier." Good lord.

See, I was trying to actually ask the question without mocking or condescending. I do not think the ability to consistently mock and condescend is a useful skill, but you go on and be you.

So, condescension and name calling aside, where should the young man be after driving way too fast, not pulling over immediately, and passing a breathalyzer? Not a good thing to have happen. What should be the consequences?

Last edited:
Oh, I get it. I assumed you meant it for those who were CONVICTED. I also chose not respond to your condescending answer. I suppose you may think it is a positive thing and super-cool, super-clever to be able to mock instead of respond.

If someone is convicted of threatening and choking out a man or woman, I would suspect they'd be looking at a felony jail sentence. Anyone! Even a football player. So clever you must think you are. I ask about the substance and you respond "Loosier." Good lord.

See, I was trying to actually ask the question without mocking or condescending. I do not think the ability to consistently mock and condescend is a useful skill, but you go on and be you.

So, condescension and name calling aside, where should the young man be after driving way too fast, not pulling over immediately, and passing a breathalyzer? Not a good thing to have happen. What should be the consequences?
Your mocking and condescending reply, accentuated by the childish use of italics and all caps, shows you still don't get it, loosier.

Rev. Coach Leo would be deeply disappointed in you, over here begging for our approval.

Fife and dakich are best of friends. He says fife was let go because they didn’t have the same political views

Fife and dakich are best of friends. He says fife was let go because they didn’t have the same political views
That marriage isn’t a great look for Fife either. On X the felony will be dropped because the stop sign in question is on private property. BPD isn’t exactly loaded with police officers who understand law. This thing will be a misdemeanor with time served. That straight away was used a lot for amateur drag racing. I suspect it still is. 🤨

Let’s just say when Matta left there was lots of player gratitude on social media, but when Fife left there was none.

IU’s beat reporter said that Fife crossed from having different political views, into not shutting up about them.

That marriage isn’t a great look for Fife either. On X the felony will be dropped because the stop sign in question is on private property. BPD isn’t exactly loaded with police officers who understand law. This thing will be a misdemeanor with time served. That straight away was used a lot for amateur drag racing. I suspect it still is. 🤨
And where did you receive your law degree?

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
And where did you receive your law degree?
Lol. The same shit happened to me. So if you want to believe that this felony sticks. that’s on you. Time served. Pled down or dropped. The stop sign was on private property. Not hard to see. The reckless driving isn’t the felony charge.

Let’s just say when Matta left there was lots of player gratitude on social media, but when Fife left there was none.

IU’s beat reporter said that Fife crossed from having different political views, into not shutting up about them.
You know, I have never been a big Dane fan, even when I was all in with IU. But I've kind of steered away from Woody whom I used to love watch play. He's out of his league in my opinion and if he lets X slide on this latest screw up, I will have lost all respect.

And before you talk to your imaginary lover, I'd say the same if it were any other player on the team with X's record.

And I'm guessing Woody counts those big bucks he's making and wishes he'd stayed in the pros

• Haha
You know, I have never been a big Dane fan, even when I was all in with IU. But I've kind of steered away from Woody whom I used to love watch play. He's out of his league in my opinion and if he lets X slide on this latest screw up, I will have lost all respect.

And before you talk to your imaginary lover, I'd say the same if it were any other player on the team with X's record.

And I'm guessing Woody counts those big bucks he's making and wishes he'd stayed in the pros
You can tell that from 1 season? I’m sure woody is taking this post into account.

I'm sure Woody could not give a red rat's ass as to my posts. All I know is he didn't look very happy last year.
Mike Woodson took the New York Knicks into the playoffs. He may not succeed at IU, but it won't be because he's out of his league Also, you "know" that Mike Woodson didn't look very happy last year?

Ohhhhhkay then

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Indy_Rider
Mike Woodson took the New York Knicks into the playoffs. He may not succeed at IU, but it won't be because he's out of his league Also, you "know" that Mike Woodson didn't look very happy last year?

Ohhhhhkay then
And the following year, they were dog shit and he got fired. So he lucked the resume kind of says he lucked into one good season and then either his players got sick of him and quit on him after one year or his coaching is so predictable that it only took one year for opposing coaches to completely figure him out.

Either way, not exactly a ringing endorsement of his coaching abilities.

• Haha
And the following year, they were dog shit and he got fired. So he lucked the resume kind of says he lucked into one good season and then either his players got sick of him and quit on him after one year or his coaching is so predictable that it only took one year for opposing coaches to completely figure him out.

Either way, not exactly a ringing endorsement of his coaching abilities.
Takes luck to win with the best eerrrrr Purdue team too..eehhh? Hell the last guy to win a FF in laffy left the next year for…fit. RIP coach.

Ohhhhhkay then
Yep, facial expressions tell the tale. Maybe you don't have any or are just always a grouch. Woody wasn't very happy last year coaching problem children.

And..........what happened to Woody following that Knicks run the next year?

Takes luck to win with the best eerrrrr Purdue team too..eehhh? Hell the last guy to win a FF in laffy left the next year for…fit. RIP coach.

And how many coaches have you gone through since you were last relevant?

And your current one is only there because he is an alumni. Yeah, you guys are ones to talk. No one takes IU seriously, you are punch line now.

And how many coaches have you gone through since you were last relevant?

And your current one is only there because he is an alumni. Yeah, you guys are ones to talk. No one takes IU seriously, you are punch line now.
You guys talking relevance? That’s a belly buster. Lmao.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT