ADVERTISEMENT

Race

What King wanted and what was reality were two VERY different things. Don't tell half the story. He was fighting for the rights of his people because they WERE being judged by the color of their skin.
Sorry Bob, you and Indy35 aren’t allowed to comment on anything until you give us your thoughts on Hunter and his being so fond of the N word.

Reactions: Crayfish57
White privilege doesn’t mean that white people don’t have struggles, but your struggles at least weren’t because of the color of your skin.
You’re not allowed to speak until you provide your thoughts on Hunter and the N word.

You’re not allowed to speak until you provide your thoughts on Hunter and the N word.
Most all of the Democrats I know aren’t aware of what was said. They all follow the news pretty closely. Maybe he doesn’t know about it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: bonefish1
Do you know for a fact that Mason claims to be black? Wonder if he claims to be white instead since he's 50% white?
Like I said earlier, most, not all bi racial people consider themselves black and most outsiders consider them to be black. What I forgot to mention is that there are a few black people that take issue with bi-racial, or multi-racial people not acknowledging being black. For example, Tiger Woods caught some flack from some members of the black community. Instead of black, Tiger Woods, considers himself “Cablinasian” because is background is Caucasian, black, (American) Indian and Asian.

Like I said earlier, most, not all bi racial people consider themselves black and most outsiders consider them to be black. What I forgot to mention is that there are a few black people that take issue with bi-racial, or multi-racial people not acknowledging being black. For example, Tiger Woods caught some flack from some members of the black community. Instead of black, Tiger Woods, considers himself “Cablinasian” because is background is Caucasian, black, (American) Indian and Asian.
Who cares?

I thought you cared since you started this thread about Mason Gillis' arrest report labelling him as black.
That was exactly my point about Mason - who cares what someone’s skin color is? It’s stupid.

That was exactly my point about Mason - who cares what someone’s skin color is? It’s stupid.
Unfortunately this is the US. That was point also when I brought up the fact that throughout the years immigrants from the continent of Africa don't realize that they are black until they come to this country. White people and CRT deniers don't like to hear this but this labelling started centuries ago by white supremist. The so-called one drop rule. The entire concept of 3 races of humans, white, black, and mongoloid (Asian) is a made up social construct created by the white supremacist anthropologists of the day. Modern anthropologist do not subscribe to the ancient human 3 race theory. They say that we are different cultures not races.

Unfortunately this is the US. That was point also when I brought up the fact that throughout the years immigrants from the continent of Africa don't realize that they are black until they come to this country. White people and CRT deniers don't like to hear this but this labelling started centuries ago by white supremist. The so-called one drop rule. The entire concept of 3 races of humans, white, black, and mongoloid (Asian) is a made up social construct created by the white supremacist anthropologists of the day. Modern anthropologist do not subscribe to the ancient human 3 race theory. They say that we are different cultures not races.
You keep bringing up 150 year old history. It’s 2021 - why are people so focused on skin color? It’s dumb, just dumb.

Reactions: bonefish1
You keep bringing up 150 year old history. It’s 2021 - why are people so focused on skin color? It’s dumb, just dumb.
You posted a good question about Mason Gillis and why he was listed on the arrest sheet as black since he has a white mother and black father. Yes, this is 2021 but Gillis and other bi-racial people did not all of a sudden become bi-racial. You asked the question and I thought as a black man, I can give you a decent answer on why. I know bi-racial people whether they are family members, friends or associates. Plus, I’m a student of history. I have given you and anyone else that cared to read a historical depiction on why that was so. You seem to dismiss it. Some folks in this forum seem to dismiss history in general. I find that strange.

You posted a good question about Mason Gillis and why he was listed on the arrest sheet as black since he has a white mother and black father. Yes, this is 2021 but Gillis and other bi-racial people did not all of a sudden become bi-racial. You asked the question and I thought as a black man, I can give you a decent answer on why. I know bi-racial people whether they are family members, friends or associates. Plus, I’m a student of history. I have given you and anyone else that cared to read a historical depiction on why that was so. You seem to dismiss it. Some folks in this forum seem to dismiss history in general. I find that strange.
Just asking why in 2021 anyone cares how light or dark someone’s skin is. Pigment seems REALLY important to some today.

Just asking why in 2021 anyone cares how light or dark someone’s skin is. Pigment seems REALLY important to some today.
I’m telling that is the way it is in America. Sen. Tim Scott, Kamala Harris and President. Biden all had it wrong when they said that the US is not a racist country.

Some race musings on this Wednesday afternoon:

So when I was a wee lad, the goal was to not see skin color; to see us all as one race - the human race. Now we are told to see a person's race in everything; except of course if the person in question has dark pigmentation and they are involved in a crime. If we recognize race in those situations we're racist. Every other situation we need to recognize race.

I see Mason Gillis was arrested for DUI over the weekend and the police arrest record lists his race as black. He has a white mother. Why is he considered black? If Mason has a child with a white woman, their child would be 75% white; would that child be considered white or black? And who exactly makes this determination?

One of my long-time friends is a sales rep for a large pharma company. Both her immediate manager and her manager's boss are black. They have a team meeting next month where the managers are requiring all of the reps to talk about a black person who has had a positive influence on their life. What does a person's skin color have to do with their ability to be a mentor? How does this grow sales? Other than fostering resentment amongst non black team members (apparently several are going to HR and/or thinking of quitting - including one Hispanic), what is the goal?
They must work for Eli Lilly. I’ve heard the same from some friends looking to quit over this stupidity.

During WWII German POW’s that were here in the US were treated like royalty compared to the Black US military officers. These folks ate drank with white officers in the Officer’s Club. Black officers could not go inside.
LOL, you’re a sorry individual. Keep looking back and you’ll never move forward.

I’m telling that is the way it is in America. Sen. Tim Scott, Kamala Harris and President. Biden all had it wrong when they said that the US is not a racist country.
What would it take for you to no longer think this country is racist?

A black Vice President, oh no, darn. I mean a black President, darn. How about…oh forget it. I have no idea.
Good point but those two are in name only, sadly they are and were 2 of the worst in history although Obama has moved up a notch when Joe became president

Reactions: Sophie1970
What would it take for you to no longer think this country is racist?
Perhaps when people don’t have to ask the question, why in 2021 why do we still see color. You are the one that posted the good question about Mason Gillis. If this wasn’t a racist country, then Gillis wouldn’t be listed as black on the arrest report. You would have to put your race affiliation on job applications, college applications etc.

Perhaps when people don’t have to ask the question, why in 2021 why do we still see color. You are the one that posted the good question about Mason Gillis. If this wasn’t a racist country, then Gillis wouldn’t be listed as black on the arrest report. You would have to put your race affiliation on job applications, college applications etc.
You’re the only one seeing color. You’re so sorry

Haven’t you heard the saying, “If you don’t know your history, you are bound to repeat it”.
I’ve heard that but only the stupid believe it. I only look forward and go with the motto: whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.

That is a way oversimplification of an arrest report. Does that mean there is some discrimination about hair color eye color and height and weight? It is about identification like a DL. At some point it boils down to what is the most obvious identification? Doesn't mean there is anything racist by stating someones race sex hair color etc. Granted today not sure hair color is of much use anymore. Maybe we all should have a chip inserted at birth and only be known by a number code so no one would feel discrimnated against their appearance? they dont ask religion sexual preference etc. Its Not like they even have to ask about sex and race at least most of the time. Strictly from an ID standpoint the 2 most noticeable things are sex and race and maybe in extreme cases like 7 footers height . I am always amazed at mugshots of criminals and face and neck tats,seems if your are going into crime adding easily identifiable features is a bad move.

Reactions: Sophie1970
White privilege doesn’t mean that white people don’t have struggles, but your struggles at least weren’t because of the color of your skin.
Really? How would you know anything about us crackers? You ain't never been one of us Indy.

I still remember the day I was denied a promotion that was given to a totally unqualified black lady, who looked at me after and said, "You and I both know why I got it and you didn't." At least she was honest, but she didn't last six months in the position.

Reactions: FreedomWins
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT