ADVERTISEMENT

Quit jumping on the people that are upset.

boilerjrut3

Senior
Feb 2, 2011
Sure, this team was a joy to watch at times this year and overachieved more than we could imagine. I love the potential.

That being said, it does not make you a troll to be upset when you are upset that your favorite team loses a 7pt lead with 48 seconds left, let alone when your captains miss at the FT line.

Ignore all you want, but to hate on people for taking a moral victory on the season is a bit unfair. This team should be playing on Saturday. It's okay to be upset about that not happening.

**note, I am not condoning attacking individual players. The entire team lost this one tonight.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I'm letting it go too on most comments.

That was a tough loss. I feel we were the better team and when you can't finish a probable win it can push a lot of frustration.

Re: I'm letting it go too on most comments.

Its acceptable to be upset but being a baby of poor sport to players and coaches who put everything they had into is bullshit. And whoever the deuche is calling for Painter to be fired, you my friend are moron. Remember this team wasnt expected to finish in top half of the big ten let alone make the tournament. This team is stacked going into next and right now we have a good pipeline of talent, so chill out!

I can see it both ways but you cant lose when you are up by 7 with 48 seconds left. Every fan in the country would ridicule their own team for that BS. Also, a lot of people just get on here to vent because if you dont you will lose it. I know I do.

Originally posted by IndyBoilers2000:
Its acceptable to be upset but being a baby of poor sport to players and coaches who put everything they had into is bullshit.!

I completely agree. I've seen several posts calling this team/game an embarrassment. This is not fair to this team and goes beyond being upset. Same with calling for Painter's head.

The offensive execution was absolutely atrocious for most of the night and no one could make a three. Defense was there, rebounding was crazy good tonight but the offense was freaking terrible. You need the whole package to win and be a consistently good team. Stephens was horrible tonight in shooting threes and quite frankly so was everyone else. Davis and Octeus completely choked at the line. You can be the best defensive team in the world but you have to score sometime in some way. They need to be called out. People don't get better by saying to them "its ok champ, you lost but hey it was a good effort" Stephens and the offense needs to be called out for their work tonight.

Re: I'm letting it go too on most comments. I wish I saw..

that stacked team with a good pipeline of talent. I believe the talent on this team is above average but needs a Swanigan type to get to the top tier of the BT and be competitive in the big dance. Vince had a nice game tonight but Davis, Octeus, Mathias, Stevens, Basil, and PJ all played poorly.

Originally posted by Cevol03:

Originally posted by IndyBoilers2000:
Its acceptable to be upset but being a baby of poor sport to players and coaches who put everything they had into is bullshit.!

I completely agree. I've seen several posts calling this team/game an embarrassment. This is not fair to this team and goes beyond being upset. Same with calling for Painter's head.
Exactly this. there is a difference and you nailed it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT