ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue football Quick Tuesday practice notes

Tom_GoldandBlack.com

All-American
Staff
Jan 16, 2002
FWIW: Saw Aidan O'Connell in uniform at end of practice ....

Co-OC/QB coach Brian Brohm

- Thought Austin Burton did a solid job executing the offense; would like to get the ball downfield more; held ball too long at times
- His mobile dimension added another element for defenses to prepare for
- Michael Alaimo, wanted to get him some more time; want to get him more work; had great practice today
- Have a plan to play both QBs, but that plan can be adjusted depending on how game is going
- Minnesota base D is the same as past years, and they run it well
- Brady Allen is progressing; gets quizzed each day by me; lots of scout team work
- Charlie Jones has been really good; great addition

TE Payne Durham

- In 2020, had offensive PI call late that called off a TD; he hasn’t let it go; didn't play vs. Minnesota last year (hurt)
- Austin Burton stepped up; offense was different; played well; we didn't take as many deep shots
- O-line, we ran well last game; kept hits on QB to minimum
- Austin Burton, D had to have guys in the box to help vs. the run; speed-option on second play was a surprise; don’t have that with Aidan O’Connell
- Talked to Jeff Brohm after Syracuse game; I apologized; we worked on being discipline; FAU talked, maybe toward me; Syracuse thing isn't who I am
- Miss Garrett Miller; Paul Piferi has done well; Mahamane Moussa done well as extra blocker
- Seemed like world was against us after Penn State and Syracuse games; FAU, too; our goals are still in front of us; can still win the West

OT Daniel Johnson

- Felt good making my first start last week
- Bigger playbook here than at Kent State
- I feel like I belong
- I came to Kent State as a TE, but ended up at OT
- Hoops is first love; late-bloomer in football
- 6-foot-6
- Football is football, MAC to Big Ten
- Born in Kenya, came to Canada when I was 1 year old
- Two older brothers played big role in raising him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT