ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Upload: is this the most preferred walk ons the program has ever had?

I will have to do some deep digging on that. Last season, Purdue brought in 16! new PWO’s to the roster, so a little behind that mark right now for 2024.
Thanks. Wow, I had no idea. Personal opinion , I've always believed good walk on programs (preferred or not) really help programs upgrade.

Reactions: pboiler18
Thanks. Wow, I had no idea. Personal opinion , I've always believed good walk on programs (preferred or not) really help programs upgrade.
just noticed the other day that UCLA has only 10 commits for the 24 class so far, guess maybe all that talk about Kelley going to the Pro's is affecting it.

It has been said back in the old days, teams like Oklahoma and Nebraska would have 20-40 walkons every year. And some of those walk ons were 3 star athletes.

It has been said back in the old days, teams like Oklahoma and Nebraska would have 20-40 walkons every year. And some of those walk ons were 3 star athletes.
The top teams LIVED on it. Now those walk ons have to compete with portal transfers, so I'm sure it's cut their numbers down at the majors, if not in qty, in quality.

Nebraska used to have a full JV team, with tons of walkons. They played junior college teams mostly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT