ADVERTISEMENT

QB for OSU game

FLAG HUNTER

Junior
Oct 2, 2014
Seeing that Card is hurt , why not play backup QB? I really doubt Purdue will beat OSU with Card as QB, let’s give another guy a chance to get some experience, and let Card heal up for games Purdue can win.

Unless Purdue comes up with a miracle QB and surrounding cast, the remaining 6 games will at best result in only 4 losses - Ohio State, Michigan, Minnesota, and either Nebraska or IU. I do believe they will be able to beat Northwestern! So it will be a 4 and 8 season for the poor selection of a new head coach!

Unless Purdue comes up with a miracle QB and surrounding cast, the remaining 6 games will at best result in only 4 losses - Ohio State, Michigan, Minnesota, and either Nebraska or IU. I do believe they will be able to beat Northwestern! So it will be a 4 and 8 season for the poor selection of a new head coach!
Nothing about Minnesota, Nebraska, and DEFINITELY iu says that we would at best lose 2 out of those 3 games. Not saying those are guaranteed wins (except iu should be, honestly), but at best we win all three of those.

Reactions: GolfHacker1
Seeing that Card is hurt , why not play backup QB? I really doubt Purdue will beat OSU with Card as QB, let’s give another guy a chance to get some experience, and let Card heal up for games Purdue can win.
Play To Win New York Jets GIF

Go get some midol ya witch.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
Nothing about Minnesota, Nebraska, and DEFINITELY iu says that we would at best lose 2 out of those 3 games. Not saying those are guaranteed wins (except iu should be, honestly), but at best we win all three of those.
Minnesota beats Purdue on a regular basis, so that will most likely be a loss. At best the Nebraska is a toss up, though they are an inconsistent team. What they have going for them is size, which can be hard to overcome. Since the IU game is a rivalry, it can go either way, but perhaps playing at home will give Purdue the edge. I would be very happy if Purdue could win 3 of their last 6, winning 4 of 6 very doubtful.

I first read this and thought, "Are you nuts?" Giving some thought, why not?
More than likely, they are gonna kick our ass anyway.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I first read this and thought, "Are you nuts?" Giving some thought, why not?
More than likely, they are gonna kick our ass anyway.
It makes little sense to play Card if injured, if he isn't then let him play, i assume he is going to get sacked more than once or take shots running, besides Purdue isn't winning with him at QB anyways

Reactions: pboiler18
Card didn't seem to give any indication he wouldn't play this weekend when speaking with media earlier this week. I'm expecting him to play.

Card didn't seem to give any indication he wouldn't play this weekend when speaking with media earlier this week. I'm expecting him to play.
i was going by what the announcers were saying about him being hurt in Illinois game and more shots he took in the Iowa game

I don’t want the guy to get hurt, but with the shaky pass protection from the line, quick decisions need to be made and a QB with no playing time would probably not have that skill and get beat up. Remember Etling running for his life as a freshman. Hate to see a youngster put into that situation and lose confidence. Card has played enough to know that he can’t make decisions like last week. If he didn’t learn from those mistakes then let him suffer.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT