ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue women’s golf already exceeding expectations

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Purdue women’s golf is already exceeding expectations after back-to-back tournament wins.

Boiler Upload spoke to head coach Zack Byrd for an inside look at the Boilermakers’ blazing start.

“This team can do some special stuff this year”

I remember when the women won the national championship in 2010. That was an exciting time as we held USC off on the last hole. It would be nice to compete like that again.

Purdue women’s golf is already exceeding expectations after back-to-back tournament wins.

Boiler Upload spoke to head coach Zack Byrd for an inside look at the Boilermakers’ blazing start.

“This team can do some special stuff this year”

Hey Dub, this is really a nice article. I know next to nothing about golf and was not going to read the article but I am glad I did.

Coach Byrd took over a program to replace a coach (Devon Brouse) who had won a national championship at Purdue but Byrd seems pretty willing to say he will be doing things differently and his team better be on board. That takes guts. I am glad his team seems to be buying in.

You also have to admire a coach who left professional golfing because he had the revelation that he had a young family and "I can't spend 35 weeks a year away" from his wife and family (see article on his coming to Purdue here.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT