ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue WBB Signs #21 Recruiting Class

Patiently waiting for Michael's trademark optimism.

This group looks great on paper. While Purdue has had ranked recruiting classes in the past. I think CKG will do a much better job of developing potential.

Reactions: Russ Ford
I think this class, while maybe lacking a true superstar, is a great "program building" group of kids. They all seem to be super "together" and that's vital to build chemistry, and all seem 1000000% committed to the program and I thinkthat'll really help as there will inevitably be a major "change of the guard" when the group of seniors/grad students finally exhaust all of its Covid eligibility or simply choose to just move on to a different school or end their careers, which could potentially happen as soon as this Spring.

I think this is group's impact will be felt more through a sum of all its parts rather than individual achievement. I'm excited about Jones as I think she is the perfect PG for KG's system. I love that we have 3 kids who can really shoot from outside but also have some really nice size and length in Kenna, Swanson and Monson - and then Groot is just a versatile mobile post player perfect for the system KG is implementing.

I would assume KG will look at the transfer portal this Spring to see who else she can add - as that is going to be a necessity going forward. Hopefully an experienced post if Harper and/or Woltmand decide to move on. I would assume Harper is in a 2-year grad program so I would lean hard in assuming she'd return. But we will continue to search for post depth.

Reactions: DocRon
I think this class, while maybe lacking a true superstar, is a great "program building" group of kids. They all seem to be super "together" and that's vital to build chemistry, and all seem 1000000% committed to the program and I thinkthat'll really help as there will inevitably be a major "change of the guard" when the group of seniors/grad students finally exhaust all of its Covid eligibility or simply choose to just move on to a different school or end their careers, which could potentially happen as soon as this Spring.

I think this is group's impact will be felt more through a sum of all its parts rather than individual achievement. I'm excited about Jones as I think she is the perfect PG for KG's system. I love that we have 3 kids who can really shoot from outside but also have some really nice size and length in Kenna, Swanson and Monson - and then Groot is just a versatile mobile post player perfect for the system KG is implementing.

I would assume KG will look at the transfer portal this Spring to see who else she can add - as that is going to be a necessity going forward. Hopefully an experienced post if Harper and/or Woltmand decide to move on. I would assume Harper is in a 2-year grad program so I would lean hard in assuming she'd return. But we will continue to search for post depth.
Yes, may be a numbers game but i am almost certain there will be some attrition.

Reactions: MichaelRR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT