ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Penn State, Rd. 2: Predictions & Game Thread

Too sloppy to call it pretty, but I'll take a solid win on E'Twaun Moore Day.

Buh-bye, PSU!
giphy.gif

How many of those turnovers were the result of uncalled fouls ? Lots of slapping and grabbing.

Perhaps a couple, Math......but there was a trainload of careless ones.....and several that led to Penn State scores. Boilers did a much better job on the boards in the second half - and hit their FT's. Some good anticipation from the Nittany Lions in the passing lanes on some, too.....but overall, I'd have to say it was a sloppy game for the Boilers in that department, IMHO. Still, a good win....especially as Penn State was trending up.

Perhaps a couple, Math......but there was a trainload of careless ones.....and several that led to Penn State scores. Boilers did a much better job on the boards in the second half - and hit their FT's. Some good anticipation from the Nittany Lions in the passing lanes on some, too.....but overall, I'd have to say it was a sloppy game for the Boilers in that department, IMHO. Still, a good win....especially as Penn State was trending up.
Thanks. I wasn’t able to watch the game as I was out of town. Atlanta only had some SEC garbage on.

Surprisingly, CMP was not real upset with the TOs in the post game interview.

Ah saw a post above was sick. Sigh of relief. Haarms had a great game, but overall we are a much better team when we have Tre 15-20mins a game

………...leading to another ugly game in Ass Hall aka The Hall of Calls

1v6ik6.jpg
We had better play better than last night in "The hall of calls". I'm seeing some troubling things emerge. NE clearly has almost zero ability on offense. Seems like he just tosses the ball in the zipcode of the basket praying it goes in or careens off into an offensive rebound. His defense is incredible. But, on offense it's 4 on 5. CE at times forgets that anyone else is on the court in black and old gold and decides that no matter what, he's taking a shot or attacking double teams with the dribble. I see no evidence of any type of play at all. Looks like blacktop court scheme. I can't imagine why Painter allows this nonsense. We have serious issues if CE or RC have poor shooting nights. We almost have the blueprint of needing both to hang with good teams. We don't pass enough, beside the weave outside the arc that goes nowhere other than to find CE so the other 4 can grab popcorn and watch. This team as currently playing, is a regular season type and not tourney ready. We can survive and advance in the regular season as other teams can lose and help our cause. In the B10G or NCAA, there is no help. One bad shooting game by RC or CE and our season is over. Unless CMP can come up with a better plan.

We did not play great, but we won. That is what matters. We need to be ready for Tuesday night, because we know that IU is going to try to bring their A game (I said try). This is their March Madness game since we know they are not going to the dance this year, unless they think the NIT is the dance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT