ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Illinois Monday in 4k.

Dr_billy_badass

All-American
Dec 4, 2009
Just a heads up for those that care, I just saw a post on reddit that listed the new 4k events on YTTV and the monday game was one of them. So if for some reason you fork over the 20 a month extra for the limited 4k they have, you're finally rewarded.

What this does mean is that FS1 has 4k cameras there and this may also be offered on other services like FUBO that offers 4k for free I believe, or any of your cable companies that you're getting 4k through, I have no idea though so don't quote me on that. The REAL important news here is that according to this post:

"**Note 2: Everything on Fox/FS1 4K can be streamed in 4K on the Fox Sports app on supported platforms, using your YTTV login. Doing it this way does not require the YTTV 4K add-on. ESPN and NBC do not support 4K through their apps."

So, it would seem that for this game, and any Fox Sports 4k content, you can use your normal credentials to login to the app through your provider and run the games in 4k through the app. For all that want to try I figured I'd give the heads up to finagle it a bit to see what works. Here is the thread if you want to test it out on other games first to see if you can get 4k working for you before the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News