ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Arkansas-Little Rock overview:

other than PJ, they will have a size problem at all locations. Tempo and a slow paced offense will also allow Purdue to set the D. I don't expect a problem...
In addition to pace, UALR is not very efficient offensively.
Throw out the Illinois anomaly and the worst offensive team to beat Purdue this year was Michigan at #33 AdjO per KenPom. UALR is #86.
Iowa St. OTOH is #3..

From NBCsports
Arkansas-Little Rock: There isn’t much that is flashy about the Trojans. But there is substance in what Arkansas-Little Rock has accomplished. Picking up 29 wins is impressive, especially since 12 of them came on the road. The Trojans also beat schools like Tulsa, San Diego State and DePaul on the road and also lost at Texas Tech, so they’ve been tested. Arkansas-Little Rock also loves to dictate a slow tempo, as they’re 345th in adjusted tempo, per KenPom. That slow pace helps the Trojans allow 59.9 points per game, which is third in the country.

That doesn't sound like a team that should beat Purdue. Those 4 schools they played are not the same caliber as Purdue.

The only scary thing is a huge difference in the 3 point efficency, but the Boilers should be able to pull away at some point.

Most double digit seeds on paper shouldn't beat the single digit seed on paper....

Not saying they "should" beat us by any means, but the way some people are talking there's never been an upset in the NCAA Tournament....

Reactions: nagemj02
From NBCsports
Arkansas-Little Rock: There isn’t much that is flashy about the Trojans. But there is substance in what Arkansas-Little Rock has accomplished. Picking up 29 wins is impressive, especially since 12 of them came on the road. The Trojans also beat schools like Tulsa, San Diego State and DePaul on the road and also lost at Texas Tech, so they’ve been tested. Arkansas-Little Rock also loves to dictate a slow tempo, as they’re 345th in adjusted tempo, per KenPom. That slow pace helps the Trojans allow 59.9 points per game, which is third in the country.

That doesn't sound like a team that should beat Purdue. Those 4 schools they played are not the same caliber as Purdue.

The only scary thing is a huge difference in the 3 point efficency, but the Boilers should be able to pull away at some point.

I agree with this. Ugly, slow game that Purdue will win. 10-15 points but UALR will stick around for most the game.

From NBCsports

I didn't realize that they are primarily a slower-tempo team. So they get some baskets off of turnovers, but if their press doesn't work, they might scrap it. Yes, Coach Keady and Painter Purdue teams are typically better against slower tempo teams as opposed to opponents with an up-tempo and spread out offense.

other than PJ, they will have a size problem at all locations. Tempo and a slow paced offense will also allow Purdue to set the D. I don't expect a problem...

This is something I have noticed and haven't understood why many analysts haven't brought it up before. LR likes to slow the tempo down and that plays directly in to Purdue's strength of half-court offense, half-court defense, and taking advantage of run-outs when given the chance by Hill, Edwards, and Davis.

Reactions: nagemj02
Also, if A.J. is at his best (decisive and poised), they won't be able to stop him one-on-one. The same goes for Biggie.

Yes they will for sure, you are correct!!! Can't see them being able to hang for more than about 4 to 5 minutes......then the slaughter starts, JIMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT