ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Volleyball recruits

purduedavie

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Noticed the Boilers only brought in 2 new recruits next season, Purdue could lose 6 starters and 1 reserve, guessing this means a few girls have told Coach Shondell that they want to return next year as Super Seniors. Otec and Newton are for sure done, believe Hornung announced this is her last year, anyone, in the know hear anything about players wanting to return next season? It would be nice if Hayley came back for another year along with at least 1 of Johnson or Cleveland.

Saw one is 6'6". Have we had many players that tall?

Coincidentally, on the basketball broadcast last night I believe they said that was Kyle's height and they said she was the tallest player in program history.

Saw one is 6'6". Have we had many players that tall?

Coincidentally, on the basketball broadcast last night I believe they said that was Kyle's height and they said she was the tallest player in program history.
Listen to Coach Shondell’s podcast that was just released today on Purduesports.com, he talks about exactly the question you asked about Lindsey’s Carr’s height.

Noticed the Boilers only brought in 2 new recruits next season, Purdue could lose 6 starters and 1 reserve, guessing this means a few girls have told Coach Shondell that they want to return next year as Super Seniors. Otec and Newton are for sure done, believe Hornung announced this is her last year, anyone, in the know hear anything about players wanting to return next season? It would be nice if Hayley came back for another year along with at least 1 of Johnson or Cleveland.
Yes I wondered about this too - losing that many seniors with only 2 new recruits. But the roster is very large this year with 21 players, so the numbers would be more “normal” next year. Still, I too would love to see some of the current seniors return for one more year.
VB has the same (wonderful) “problem” as MBB - an embarrassment of riches. So much talent, so many stellar young ladies representing Purdue! Good time to be a Boiler!

Yes I wondered about this too - losing that many seniors with only 2 new recruits. But the roster is very large this year with 21 players, so the numbers would be more “normal” next year. Still, I too would love to see some of the current seniors return for one more year.
VB has the same (wonderful) “problem” as MBB - an embarrassment of riches. So much talent, so many stellar young ladies representing Purdue! Good time to be a Boiler!
Yes, my wife and I really enjoy watching them. Unfortunately tonight their big game at Wisconsin is pretty much at the same time as the MBB game (8PM and 8:30 PM EST). I guess I will watch the VB game on BTN+ live and record the MBB to watch later.

As an aside, did you all know that Jael Johnson is dating Aiden O'Connell (per Coach Shondell's news conference this last Monday)? They seem like really nice people, both of them.

Yes, my wife and I really enjoy watching them. Unfortunately tonight their big game at Wisconsin is pretty much at the same time as the MBB game (8PM and 8:30 PM EST). I guess I will watch the VB game on BTN+ live and record the MBB to watch later.

As an aside, did you all know that Jael Johnson is dating Aiden O'Connell (per Coach Shondell's news conference this last Monday)? They seem like really nice people, both of them.

Yea, I think Purdue was planning to lose Otec and Newton and thus brought in 2 players this year. My guess is with only 2 being brought in they have to lose 4 players, Otec, Newton are gone for sure, Hornung announced she’s not returning, that means 1 more has to for sure go. I really hope that Bush returns for a 6th season (grad school?) the front line hopefully gets at least 1 of Grace or Jael to return, both would work as well lol.

Reactions: JeffBoiler

Just lurking thru. I know very little about VB. So there are scholarships available? Anyone know why they couldn’t land the player from McCutcheon? That school continues to be a mystery for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT