ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue - Maryland volleyball

Purdue wins set 2 by 25-23, now leads 2-0. Eva Hudson is continuing to lead with 15 kills vs 4 errors.

Reactions: DocRon
I was mostly watching and listening to the football game while secondarily watching the VB game at Maryland (usually muted). But it made for some good feelings (where I sure did not get that from the football game.)

It looked to me that in the late 3rd & 4th set Coach put in a number of people who have not been playing much recently - Wollard, Poulter, Brown and Carr. I was not watching closely enough to know for sure. I wonder if that was a reaction to how poorly we played in the 3rd set?

Last edited:
I was mostly watching and listening to the football game while secondarily watching the VB game at Maryland (usually muted). But it made for some good feelings (where I sure did not get that from the football game.)

It looked to me that in the late 3rd & 4th set Coach put in a number of people who have not been playing much recently - Wollard, Poulter, Brown and Carr. I was not watching closely enough to know for sure. I wonder if that was a reaction to how poorly we played in the 3rd set?

Reactions: DocRon

So many good players so few rotations to share! Seemed to me the first team lost their focus. I think it was a message. I am leaning towards starting Brown over Hourning next game. Willard and Heany are pretty equal though I lean to a lefty on the RS. Anderson is superior in all aspects with the exception of setting her middles- the transfer setter is much better. Wonder if she could rotate in for a couple of rotation to utilize Raven more? Lourdes seems to be okay with Anderson. This team is good but that third set illustrates the challenges of a young team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT