ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue - Marquette volleyball

Boilermb

True Freshman
Jun 26, 2001
Live stream video is available this afternoon at 4 PM ET on Youtube.

Hoping you can find a live feed. I’m heading out to watch my grand daughter golf so won’t be following the game. Hoping to see some of your game in progress updates in the meantime!

Purdue loses first set 18-25. Purdue is aggressive on offensive but making a lot more errors including 3 service errors compared to no service errors for Marq. Chicoine has 6 kills but 4 errors.

Good grief it’s impossible to watch anything anymore with our another streaming service. Can’t get the game so love the updates doc! Please tell me is he makes the switch to Taylor Anderson.

Reactions: DocRon
Purdue wins 2nd set handily 25-18 so sets are even 1-1. Boilers only hit 0.169 in set but Marquette just 0.79. Hudson having a good game with 7 kills - Chicoine with 6. Purdue 5 Blks compared to Marquette's 3.

Last edited:
Much like last night, after an impressive 2nd set, Purdue is getting handled 11-18 in the 3rd seemingly having little answer for Marquette's offensive aggressiveness. Colvin is quiet offensively with only 3 kills.

Freshman Taylor Anderson comes in for the 4th set for Poulter even though Poulter has played well. Need to generate some offense.

Freshman Heaney having a solid game with 6 kills hitting 0,417.

Reactions: Boilermb
Anderson so far does not have the magic that she had yesterday with several setting errors. Shondell TO with Marquette leading 17-12. Marquette's Hamilton, transfer from Notre Dame, is killing us with 17 kills.

Now Marquette has 3-0 run and the score in the 4th set is 17-20.

Schermmerhorn is having a poor game with only 18 digs and numerous serve/receive errors on the part of all our backcourt.

Purdue has won 3 straight points and Marquette calls TO with only a 23-21 lead after it looked like the Boilers had no chance.

AMAZING. Purdue wins 4th set 29-27 on Eva Hudson' kill. Incredible comeback from being down 12-17. Anderson & Colvin really showed up from that point forward.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
Hudson had 21 kills hitting 0.309, Chicoine with 17 K's hitting only 0.175 (along with a 11 digs for a double/double) and Colvin getting 9 kills hitting 0.160 and with 5 blocks. And freshman Heaney also had 9 kills hitting 0.273.

Coach in his after-game interview also said Myers came into her own and we would not have won without Emily Brown coming in to shore up our defense. Initially I did not think from the radio description that Anderson was making that much of a difference but from the middle of the 4th set on she was sterling.

For Marquette, ND transfer Hamilton with 23 kills hitting 0.283. She will be an All-American if she plays like this all season.

Hudson had 21 kills hitting 0.309, Chicoine with 17 K's hitting only 0.175 (along with a 11 digs for a double/double) and Colvin getting 9 kills hitting 0.160 and with 5 blocks. And freshman Heaney also 9 kills hitting 0.273.

Coach in his after-game interview also said Myers came into her own and we would not have won without Emily Brown coming in to shore up our defense.

For Marquette, ND transfer Hamilton with 23 kills hitting 0.283. She will be an All-American if she plays like this all season.

Reactions: DocRon
Great weekend for volleyball. Huge bounceback from last week. The Creighton loss was tough, but to me the Loyola match was a shocker.
Loyola returned everyone and they are mostly upper class men. I was worried about that one. Loyola is the kind of a team that never lets anything hit the floor. They’ll be in the tournament I think. Crieghton was a tough one for their first weekend. Give this team a month or two and I would play them again with little concern. This team is going to be good this year and Great very soon.

Hudson had 21 kills hitting 0.309, Chicoine with 17 K's hitting only 0.175 (along with a 11 digs for a double/double) and Colvin getting 9 kills hitting 0.160 and with 5 blocks. And freshman Heaney also had 9 kills hitting 0.273.

Coach in his after-game interview also said Myers came into her own and we would not have won without Emily Brown coming in to shore up our defense. Initially I did not think from the radio description that Anderson was making that much of a difference but from the middle of the 4th set on she was sterling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT