ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue loses 65-57 to Georgia

purduedavie

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Layden 14, Stevenson 11, Jones 10 in the loss, didn’t realize they even played yesterday with all the Men’s hoopla. Jayla with zero points and Terry with a underwhelming 4 points and 1 assist. Disappointing start to the season, some Sr’s need some minutes cut.

Layden 14, Stevenson 11, Jones 10 in the loss, didn’t realize they even played yesterday with all the Men’s hoopla. Jayla with zero points and Terry with a underwhelming 4 points and 1 assist. Disappointing start to the season, some Sr’s need some minutes cut.
Jones has scored in all 5 games, one of only 4 players, but she is crazy loose with the ball. 2 assists to 12 Turnovers. Smith is 2 Assists to 6 Turnovers and has gone scoreless in 2 of the 4 games she has played. IMO we have two players that deserve to start, Harper who is playing best this year, and Stevenson. That's it.

Ellis has scored double digits in every game but is shooting 37% from the field and 19% from 3 point range. In fact only 3 players are above 20% on threes this season, Monson at 50%, Layden at 39% and Harper at 31%. As a team we are shooting 24% from 3s, but taking 1/3 of our shots from distance. Ellis is getting stuck with the ball as the shot clock expires A LOT which is leading to some of her bad shooting percentage, but not all of it. Ellis is also the only player to score in double digits all 5 games. Madison is shooting 27% from inside the arc...... wow....... Terry leads in assists with 27, Ellis has 8, Madison and Harper each have 4 for the season. Harper leads with 29 rebounds, Terry has 28 and third is Stevenson at 18.

I think we have to start Harper (best player so far), Stevenson (second best), Ellis (top scorer) and Terry( half the teams assists and close second in rebounding). No one is playing better than they are in the areas they are best at. I could see an argument for Jones instead of Madison, but we would have to live with 20 turnovers a game as a norm from that and a far worse 3 point shooting percentage as Jones is shooting 17% from range to Madison's 39%. Smith has 2 zero games out of the 4 she has played, and is not getting any more assists than Jones at 2 each for the season, but less turnovers but also less point production and far streakier.

My apologies for not putting something in here about the game. Injured my neck yesterday so I was in the urgent care for awhile and did not get to watch.

Will be back Sunday when Purdue plays Southern Indiana.
Taking care of your health comes first. I did not get to listen to much of the game as I had my kids both in for the first time in several years.

Reactions: DocRon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT