ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue freshmen flash and substance

Maybe this was CMP’s plan all along. Bring them along slowly because he could. Then let their athleticism loose in this tournament.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
"It definitely give us a different kind of style of play," Smith said after the game smiling. "Like I threw that lob to Cam. I mean, I'm not throwing it to Fletch."

😂😂😂

d6ffa2b23d542c19a9b464cdabe861450eeb33b7.gifv

Maybe this was CMP’s plan all along. Bring them along slowly because he could. Then let their athleticism loose in this tournament.
Maybe. But his plan also was to get them to play defense, which Cam did by mid season. He got more minutes before Miles. Miles also needed to play more team offense including passing to the
post, important if he plays with Edey. He can’t just be hunting shots . He started being more team oriented on offense at season end along with adequate defense ( versus poor). So more minutes, three assists last night. Both will be a factor now. Especially if Gillis and Jones play poorly.

I did notice Myles did seem to be more team oriented his last 2-4 games and he wasn’t looking to get some points and fill up his personal stats sheet. Earlier this year it appeared as if he was trying to prove he belonged and was just trying to ensure he personally scored when he played.

He also seems more relaxed and is having some fun.

Winning is more important than personal accomplishments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT