ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue football Purdue Football Coaching Search, Day 6

Kyle_Holderfield

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 22, 2022
West Lafayette, IN
Alright, Alright, Alright.

We are almost a week deep into this thing with no concrete information from the Purdue Athletic Department. What we have tried to do during this search for you guys is chase some leads down, reaching out to colleagues from other Rivals' Sites, and Contacts we have elsewhere.

We have learned and reported to you all for a couple of days now that Todd Monken is out of the running. Kliemann is holding tight at KSU, and Dave Clawson appears unlikely, all per Rivals Publishers from other sites. Now, the question is, what does that leave us with? Tyson Helton from WKU has gotten steam, we reached out to WKU Rivals and he basically said, it seems like something is up, with so many players in the portal.

Beloved Coach Shep has been contacted, the longer this goes on, the more likely I could see a reunion with Shep, but who knows? Then I reported Sunday morning about Ryan Walters, the defensive coordinator from Illinois. The young up-and-comer reportedly had an interview yesterday on campus. I contacted several HS football coaches with players committed to Purdue to find that info, I would say it is good info, if not, I will take it on the chin.

As I stated over the last couple of days, Mike Bobinski is doing a hell of a job keeping this process close to the vest. I mean, other than contacting other Rivals' sites, we really have gotten nothing from Purdue, it is amazing, really.

But, time is of the essence, in my opinion. National Signing Day is 9 days away, and the transfer portal is also open, the sooner the better for a head coach. Let's get this ball rolling on a new era of Purdue Football. We need to get a staff in place to recruit our own roster to stay, recruit our 2023 class, and hit the portal before it dries up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News