ADVERTISEMENT

PURDUE A 1.5 FAVORITE OVER MINNESOTA

Sep 27, 2009
Being a favorite is usually the kiss of death for Purdue, so it will be no surprise if they come up short against Minnesota, especially since they have lost
8 out of the last 10 games to the Gophers!

Being a favorite is usually the kiss of death for Purdue, so it will be no surprise if they come up short against Minnesota, especially since they have lost
8 out of the last 10 games to the Gophers!
How is this possible with Card as the QB? We are lucky to even get 1 TD

That is surprising to see.

With the rare exception of last year, the Oar Man has normally had our number on the road or at home.

How is this possible with Card as the QB? We are lucky to even get 1 TD
The over/under is 46.5 points and Purdue is favored by 1 point. This implies that Purdue will score at least 24 points or so, so are we going to kick 8 field goals or also have a number of touchdowns also. I doubt that the D alone will score enough TDs to make that number, so we are expected to get some by the offensive offense. Now you can always question whether those odds are right, but if so, we should have some offense, hopefully enough to win.

Reactions: tenwest
The over/under is 46.5 points and Purdue is favored by 1 point. This implies that Purdue will score at least 24 points or so, so are we going to kick 8 field goals or also have a number of touchdowns also. I doubt that the D alone will score enough TDs to make that number, so we are expected to get some by the offensive offense. Now you can always question whether those odds are right, but if so, we should have some offense, hopefully enough to win.
As long as Purdue stays out of inside Minnesota’s 5 yard line, we should be okay.

Idk. Our kicker doesn't give me much confidence either. Or our offense eve getting us in FG position

Idk. Our kicker doesn't give me much confidence either. Or our offense eve getting us in FG position
It's amazing what the O can do when given excellent field position by the D. Perhaps the almost mandatory early 5 yard penalty. Moving backwards instead of forwards, and often then out of FG distance!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT