ADVERTISEMENT

Portal open

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
While I don't understand why there's another transfer portal in the first place, and clues as to any movement Purdue may see in or out?

another one, RB Womack entered today. I don't understand how we still have little depth at the RB position esp in the times of portal
Partially because the hs recruits don't stick around long. I dont know the specifics, but seems like guys bolt way too quickly.

Reactions: Bippus33

Went to the same high school as Caleb Mitchell-Irving and Sawyer Anderson.

I like the starting RBs in Mock and Reggie. I like Meriweather, but he is an early enrollee and needs time to develop. We need RB to buffer. I am sure RB is in the works. I do not think Womack would have been ready to take hits from B1G LBs this season. Getting another RB to help carry the load with Mock and Reggie would be ideal. Like how Downing carried some weight with Tyrone and Mock last season.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I like the starting RBs in Mock and Reggie. I like Meriweather, but he is an early enrollee and needs time to develop. We need RB to buffer. I am sure RB is in the works. I do not think Womack would have been ready to take hits from B1G LBs this season. Getting another RB to help carry the load with Mock and Reggie would be ideal. Like how Downing carried some weight with Tyrone and Mock last season.
Yeah they’re clearly looking for RB depth in the portal. This report was before Womack even entered. Merriweather looks to me like he could be legit though. I know he’s an early enrollee but he is physically impressive

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Yeah they’re clearly looking for RB depth in the portal. This report was before Womack even entered. Merriweather looks to me like he could be legit though. I know he’s an early enrollee but he is physically impressive
need alot more depth at RB, this is the last yr for Love, Mock had sone ball security issues last yr. and not much after them 2

The tough part is finding depth RBs in the portal. The guys in the portal are looking to play, and our top 2 are set. We'll never get this UGA guy, he'll go where he starts. They'll need to recruit a couple HS kids.

Got a chuckle earlier when I saw that the huge RB portal pickup by Brohm at UL showed up for spring, then went right back into the portal and has everyone in the nation calling him. Crazy times.

The tough part is finding depth RBs in the portal. The guys in the portal are looking to play, and our top 2 are set. We'll never get this UGA guy, he'll go where he starts. They'll need to recruit a couple HS kids.

Got a chuckle earlier when I saw that the huge RB portal pickup by Brohm at UL showed up for spring, then went right back into the portal and has everyone in the nation calling him. Crazy times.
they still have 11 RB's on their roster, we have 5

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT