ADVERTISEMENT

Pledge of Allegiance recited in Arabic in New York

BoilersRock

All-American
May 29, 2001
indiana
imgur.com
"officials at Pine Bush High School in the hamlet of Pine Bush explained that students were supposed to give the pledge in different languages to celebrate National Foreign Language week. ...Andrew Zink, Pine Bush's senior class president, normally reads the morning announcements, and told NBC News that he consented when a teacher asked another student to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in Arabic. There were talks about having the pledge read in Japanese, French and Spanish this week as well."

So on the one hand, they're speaking in Arabic and it sounds like they might've tried other languages as well. On the other hand, the Pledge is still being recited in at least this high school.

This post was edited on 3/19 12:27 PM by BoilersRock

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/education/pledge-alleg

If changing what language it happens to be spoken in for a day can help bridge cultural gaps, then I have no issue. I'm just glad the Pledge of Allegiance is still recited at all.

While I'm not sure it was BoilersRock's point, the West is dying don't you know. This is just another example of multicultural importation destroying all that is good holy about the West.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by kescwi:
While I'm not sure it was BoilersRock's point, the West is dying don't you know. This is just another example of multicultural importation destroying all that is good holy about the West.
nah... it's all good.

A burka for all women.

And throw the homosexuals from the highest building.

All in the name of tolerance.

We're TOLERANT, don'tcha know. That's what great about the West!

yes

nothing screams sharia like pledging allegiance to America.

Re: yes

Nothing screams Islamic supremacism like forcing our traditions to submit to their sensibilities.

yes

because if there is nothing more important about pledging allegiance to America, than that it be in English, I don't know what it is.

Re: yes

Especially when they say things like "One Nation Under Allah" because, you know, like, the terms "God" and "Allah" are totally interchangeable.

oh yeah

they are totes trying to trick us by slipping in Allah, I mean why would we want them to swear allegiance before the god they actually worship?

yes

I'm sure those folks pledging allegiance to America believe both of those things. I mean how can they not?

All Muslims murder gays and throw acid in the faces of non-burqa wearing women, after all. Instead of being confirmed or having a bar mitzvah, they get fitted for their first bomb vest at 13.

Originally posted by gr8indoorsman:
All Muslims murder gays and throw acid in the faces of non-burqa wearing women, after all. Instead of being confirmed or having a bar mitzvah, they get fitted for their first bomb vest at 13.

muslim kids these days, they blow up so fast.

this-thread-gave-me-cancer-png.30803

right

I mean how many America suicide bombers are we up to now? 100s? 1000s?

I mean odds are at least some of those folks pledging allegiance in Arabic to Allah were secretly planning to blow themselves up right?

Now if they'd said it in English, to Jesus, well, no worries.

Re: right

Originally posted by qazplm:
I mean how many America suicide bombers are we up to now? 100s? 1000s?

I mean odds are at least some of those folks pledging allegiance in Arabic to Allah were secretly planning to blow themselves up right?

Now if they'd said it in English, to Jesus, well, no worries.

"American"??

yeah... the threat is from "American" suicide bombers.

Wow. Because the threat is from Christians. if so, no worries.

Derp.....

I have a question. What if there was no Pledge of Allegiance and President Obama suggested that we have one? He came out and said, I would like that we make it mandatory that all public school children start their day by reciting a chant in unison about the historical greatness of their government. What do you think the reaction would be?

Nice try

But I'm not surprised that somebody on the left confused the country with the federal government.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT