ADVERTISEMENT

PLEASE FIRE PAINTER

cprh9u

Senior
Apr 27, 2013
This guys is the worst coach for Purdue. Evidently is doingjust enough to survive, but bottom line is 2 sweet 16's in 10 years of coaching. How is this acceptable at a very good basketball school in Purdue? You CAN NOT justify his pathetic coaching and results.

I am embarassed as a Purdue fan tonight. What a pathetic display especially after UC's best player threw himself out of the game. No more excuses.

FIRE PAINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO at that post. This team after last 2 years succeeded when it made the tournament. Yeah they blew the game and inexperience is what cost them. No freshmen stood up late to win the game. Cincy had lost 4 straight 1st rd games. I thought that might hurt Purdue and it did as Cincy showed the grit down the stretch to win.

This post was edited on 3/20 1:55 AM by TJBoiler

And out come the Painter haters who have been in hiding since December.

Originally posted by TJBoiler:
LMAO at that post. This team after last 2 years succeeded when it made the tournament. Yeah they blew the game and inexperience is what cost them. No freshmen stood up late to win the game. Cincy had lsot 4 straight 1st rd games. I thought that might hurt Purdue and it did

Laugh at 2 sweet 16's and 1 CO B1G championship in 10 years. Sorry, Painter is pathetic and needs to go if you care at all about winning.

Originally posted by Cevol03:

I haven't been hiding. I gave Painter credit for his 1 or 2 decent wins (like at 10 seed IU... yipeee!), but the reality is he has 1- CO B1G championship and 2 sweet 16's in 10 years, and those were on much more talented teams than the 2014-2015 or 2015-2016 squads. If you are happy with a sweet 16 every 5 years, Painter is your guy! If you want more, it's time to move on. Fire Painter already!

Originally posted by cprh9u:

I haven't been hiding. I gave Painter credit for his 1 or 2 decent wins (like at 10 seed IU... yipeee!), but the reality is he has 1- CO B1G championship and 2 sweet 16's in 10 years, and those were on much more talented teams than the 2014-2015 or 2015-2016 squads. If you are happy with a sweet 16 every 5 years, Painter is your guy! If you want more, it's time to move on. Fire Painter already!
Please go over to the football board and write a post calling for Coach Hazell and Morgan Burke to be fired. Also, please post how horrible Danny Hope was. Then your trifecta will be complete!!!

I cannot believe Matt Painter missed those free throws in the closing seconds of the game. Fire him! Seriously people calm down. Losing the game is a huge disappointment but take some time to reflect on the previous season and the growth from the beginning of this year to now. Things are finally turning around and the experience from this season whether it's scheduling issues or just the experience gained by playing in the NCAA Tourney should only help in the future. It's time to build on this, not blow it up and start over.

Originally posted by BeerbellyBoiler:
I cannot believe Matt Painter missed those free throws in the closing seconds of the game. Fire him! Seriously people calm down. Losing the game is a huge disappointment but take some time to reflect on the previous season and the growth from the beginning of this year to now. Things are finally turning around and the experience from this season whether it's scheduling issues or just the experience gained by playing in the NCAA Tourney should only help in the future. It's time to build on this, not blow it up and start over.
He didn't miss them but he recruited and coached them. He has had MUCH better players and managed 2 sweet 16's and 1 CO (Shared) B1G championship in 10 years!!!! You want to go another 10 years with 1 shared league championship and 2 sweet 16's (At best as he is not recruiting near the talent as he landed in 2007)???? Seriously???? Fire him now.

Please go over to the football board and write a post calling for Coach Hazell and Morgan Burke to be fired. Also, please post how horrible Danny Hope was. Then your trifecta will be complete!!!
Also, tonight would be a good opportunity to remind everyone that Ross-Ade does still not have lights

Painter doesn't need to be fired. Yes, I do question some things - like why we consistently (not just tonight) can not handle the press. The coaching staff needs to address that and it has reared it's ugly head multiple times this season. No excuse. I also question allowing your team to jack up 3's all night long when you're 4 for 24 or 25. This lousy 3 point shooting has also been prevalent this year. You just can't allow them to continually jack up 3s when they aren't falling.

Any way, hoping they address some of these issues and we have a better 2015-16 season.

Originally posted by PBoiler84:

Painter doesn't need to be fired. Yes, I do question some things - like why we consistently (not just tonight) can not handle the press. The coaching staff needs to address that and it has reared it's ugly head multiple times this season. No excuse. I also question allowing your team to jack up 3's all night long when you're 4 for 24 or 25. This lousy 3 point shooting has also been prevalent this year. You just can't allow them to continually jack up 3s when they aren't falling.

Any way, hoping they address some of these issues and we have a better 2015-16 season.

Yes hopefully they address some of these issues. They haven't in 10 years with Painter, but next year is the year no doubt! They will win it all!!!!!

10 years, 2 sweet 16's, one shared B1G championship. Painter is not the man to lead us to a championship (although he might split one league championship every decade!). It is time to move on!!!!!!!!!!!

He didn't miss them but he recruited and coached them. He has had MUCH better players and managed 2 sweet 16's and 1 CO (Shared) B1G championship in 10 years!!!! You want to go another 10 years with 1 shared league championship and 2 sweet 16's (At best as he is not recruiting near the talent as he landed in 2007)???? Seriously???? Fire him now.
Are you really copying and pasting the same thing in every thread? LOL!

Originally posted by purdue4sure:

Are you really copying and pasting the same thing in every thread? LOL!
Until I see a good argument for why we should continue to support a multi millionaire who leads his team to a sweet 16 every 5 years and 1 shared league championship every decade, and considering he does not have NEARLY the talent has he did 8 years ago (or even come close).... yes.

just for fun cprh9u who do you suggest be his replacement. The football team fired Hope and replaced him with a coach who's salary is much larger and the results have yet to come.

just for fun cprh9u who do you suggest be his replacement. The football team fired Hope and replaced him with a coach who's salary is much larger and the results have yet to come.
Cuonzo Martin, Bob McKilops, Billy Donlon. Or almost anyone. Painter isn't the guy, so I am willing to try a number of coaches who might be.

This!! Who else would you want? And don't say "anyone" because there are few that could have done what he has done here. Would you rather be Illinois? Or northwestern? Or Minnesota? We got 4th in the big ten this year, no one saw that coming. Probably way exceeded your expectations. Every coach has issues. But painter is here and does have the program trending in the right direction. You need to stop being a purdue fan, you never post anything positive and just want to complain. Tonight sucked, we should have won, but I couldn't be prouder of this team! They had a great year! Let's get even better and get a B1G championship and a final four next year!! BTFU!!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Ahhhhh whaaaaa? From last to tied for 3rd out of 14 teams in 1 season. Yes, this coach sucks for sure.

Are there better coaches? Yes, a few probably, but there are far more worse ones. Are any of the very, very best coaches in the world coming to West Laf? Nah. There's a million percent greater chance that you will keep spewing this stuff every time the team has a setback. Grow up. The team is on an upward trajectory. There were more steps forward than steps back this year, even though we ended on a miss. Most importantly, defense lives at Mackey again.

Good season, Boilers. Tough to lose in OT in the dance because of missed threes, miss free throws, and (generally) too many mistakes. Not sure why we couldn't hit a damn shot in that place.

But I have enjoyed watching you play this season. Looking forward to next year already! Boiler Up!

Painter coached teams consistently miss free throws can't beat the press and screw up big leads.

How many loses can we blame on players when his team consistently make the same mistake.

How many losses does painter coached teams have because they show up flat after the half, miss free throws, poor performance and choke away a big lead.

It's not the players it's the culture at this point.

just for fun
cprh9u who do you suggest be his replacement. The football team fired Hope and replaced him with a coach who's salary is much larger and the results have yet to come.

Cuonzo Martin, Bob McKilops, Billy Donlon. Or almost anyone. Painter isn't the guy, so I am willing to try a number of coaches who might be.

Thank you. A decade of failure, the Matt Painter story.

What do you want Cp? Purdue will never ever be Kentucky/ Look at Notre Dame. I am a NF football fan. Brey has not taken a ND team to sweet 16 in over 10 years. Look at Baylor blowing a 12 point lead with over 2 minutes to go against Georgia St. Look at Iowa st who I had going to Final 4. You want to go to the sweet 16 every year? Then Purdue's conservative Athletic Department needs to increase the budget. You need to get alot more fan base in the John Purdue club.

Look Purdue blew this game I agree. In a nutshell and kudo's to Cincy scouting. Cincy gave Purdue open 3's and Purdue missed them. Those were open 3's. Purdue should have won that game by 11 pts in regulation.

I am not the biggest Painter fan but who are you going to hire? Cuonzo Martin? Ron Hunter? After his son goes to NBA lets see what Ron does. GET REAL!!! BTW until last nite Painter had the longest streak of any coach in NCAA of winning in first Rd. Purdue had won 7 straight 1st rd games. That was better then any coach in the nation. Cincy had lost 4 straight 1st rd games prior to Thursday nite.

Did you see Kentucky. Cincy or Purdue was going to lose Saturday. SO GET A FREAKING GRIP.

PBoiler I'd argue about the press. A lack of ball handlers. As for the 3's. I am sure Cincy scouted Purdue and those 's they weren't bad shots. Those were open and Purdue just missed them. Later they did stop shooting them. But did hit a few at end of regulation. Purdue had this won after that 3 giving them a 7 point lead the mental mistakes started coming.

HEY CP since you want Painter fired. I have a question for you: If Purdue had won this game and lost by 30 to Kentucky what would your post be Saturday? FIRE PAINTER? LOL I was disappointed way they lost but knew they get killed by Kentucky. So not that big a deal. Should Fred Hoiberg be fired at Iowa St? Should Drew be fired at Baylor now?

Originally posted by TheCainer:
troll
This. I was wondering how long it would take the trolls to come around since we lost. I gave the OP the benefit of the doubt, but I should of known better.

OP, just crawl back in to your cave. You're only looking like a fool on here with these kinds of posts.

Originally posted by CRBoiler:
Ahhhhh whaaaaa? From last to tied for 3rd out of 14 teams in 1 season. Yes, this coach sucks for sure.
Who got them to last to begin with?

Originally posted by CRBoiler:
Who got them to last to begin with?
So you're quick to point out the shortcomings but ignore the many positives of this team I've noticed you do that pretty much throughout the season. Kind of like you are doing now. Which tells me you aren't objective and agenda driven and pretty much shatters and credibility you think you might have on here.

I had you on ignore but couldn't remember why, now I do. You've been hating on Painter since he got here I am guessing and have nothing constructive to add other than to keep saying fire painter. Stop being so narrow minded, we have a good team coming back next year and a good coach whether you like it or not.

This post was edited on 3/20 6:53 AM by BBG

I'm starting to believe BBG is there real troll or maybe an IU fan? He loves for us to maintain a losing atmosphere and then defend it!!! Your the TROLL! We finished better then expected but he has created the belief of finishing near the bottom for 3 years. If this were any other school he'd be considered fired! IU wants to after one season of no post play and we believe we are superior! Come on! We are better then what you want BBG your correct there. So maybe you should go back to Peegs or that other board!

I'm not on the fire Painter bandwagon yet. If this same inept crap surfaces next year. ...I will be. Last night was pathetic.

Originally posted by Poprudy:
I'm starting to believe BBG is there real troll or maybe an IU fan? He loves for us to maintain a losing atmosphere and then defend it!!! Your the TROLL! We finished better then expected but he has created the belief of finishing near the bottom for 3 years. If this were any other school he'd be considered fired! IU wants to after one season of no post play and we believe we are superior! Come on! We are better then what you want BBG your correct there. So maybe you should go back to Peegs or that other board!
*yawn* .. yeah with that post I'M the troll. Lol ... crawl back in your hole. You can't get under my skin oh ye of feeble mind and are only going to get laughed at.

Originally posted by boiler-deuce:
I'm not on the fire Painter bandwagon yet. If this same inept crap surfaces next year. ...I will be. Last night was pathetic.
So a 20+ win season and you're going to start calling for Painter to be fired? It was one game, a bad one sure and I am not nor have I disagreed that it wasn't, but there is more to it than that. It was a much better season than anyone really anticipated and a building block for going forward.

Originally posted by PBoiler84:

Yes hopefully they address some of these issues. They haven't in 10 years with Painter, but next year is the year no doubt! They will win it all!!!!!

10 years, 2 sweet 16's, one shared B1G championship. Painter is not the man to lead us to a championship (although he might split one league championship every decade!). It is time to move on!!!!!!!!!!!

Reading your posts reminds me of the crazy ex-gf. Man I hope for your sake you're drunk

^^^ TRUE IGNORANT DIPSTICK ^^^^

Pretty obvious you don't understand what you are watching. It is called basketball, and that guy in the suit is the coach. Let's start with the basics. You can get the rest later. I would not want to overload your tiny IQ.

You can hold any opinion you want, but when you post this sort of garbage on the free board after a loss like last night, I reserve the right to laugh at you..

cool.r191677.gif

We were gassed and the FT came up short. Hit them and we play Saturday. Painter didn't mess it up. Stupid college basketball that allows the guard to barrel into the lane and throw it up an pray for a foul. I watched a lot of games yesterday and now I see why the NBA is overtaking college basketball. Eliminate the charge/blocking call. If the defender is set or goes up straight and doesn't come down on the offensive player it is a play on. NO CALL! With that said we needed our star to come and get the ball. Octeus tried and for that I give him kudos. Sometimes you just miss.

He is a good coach, just not in the last 2 minutes of games.

He put a good team together, a team that exceeded expectations, a team that was not supposed to be here.

The other side of the coin without the lucky addition of Jon Octeus, this would have been an NIT team at best. So as good as the freshman are, we do have a ways to go. It was a team in some ways I feel underachieved in losing two games AT HOME to mid-majors. A team that went 2-4 in their last 6, BUT in 3 of 4 of the losses had a LEAD late in the game. They are kind of lucky to hang on vs. Illinois and Penn State. Really looking back they probably peaked with the win @ IU in mid-February. Since then it was kind of sloppy against lesser talent and not beating any good teams.

A fourth place finish in the Big Ten regular season... 1st Place Wisconsin 0-1 had to play once, 2nd Place Maryland 0-1 had to play once, 3rd Place Michigan State 0-1 had to play once. We are an above average team in a below-average conference.

So it is not "fireable" at all, but I think it is apparent he is not a Final 4 coach either. Then again, neither was Gene Keady and everyone was OK with that for 25 years. Painter will probably be around another 15 years. Probably need to get used to this and lower expectations. Make the tournament, get your participation ribbon, have a juice box.

Originally posted by BBG:

Originally posted by boiler-deuce:
So a 20+ win season and you're going to start calling for Painter to be fired? It was one game, a bad one sure and I am not nor have I disagreed that it wasn't, but there is more to it than that. It was a much better season than anyone really anticipated and a building block for going forward.Look....lets be honest. Could it have gotten worse? No...not really. You may not wish to admit the fact we had a very favorable schedule. So, yeah, it better be a building block. I think we saw some bad games....last night was not the first poorly coached game.....IMHO.

I am still trying to see how kids clanking FT's is a coaching issue. Hit your FT's. End of discussion. I would have cherished a shot at Mackey against Wisconsin and MSU. How many wins does Badger have in W. Lafayette?

These threads are prevalent on the boards...

...of every team that lost last night, lost in the NIT, or will lose today...

...people forget that two teams play and neither wants to lose...

...and when you have teams like Kentucky and Kansas that properly re$ource their recruiting effort$ - it gets really tough to compete on a national level...

We had the right guys on the floor...our veteran 5th year senior point guard who i love...and davis, the toughest guy on our team, taking the ft's down the stretch. You think painter doesn't have them practice free throws? Shooters shoot...I don't think you tell a guy like stephen's and Mathias to stop shooting open shots.

take one game and call for the coaches head....that's not a sign of basketball intelligence...that sounds more like a pissed off mommy or daddy who doesn't understand the game crying for the coach to be fired because the really just want to bitch to bitch and really have no understanding of what they are talking about.

Originally posted by Poprudy:
A little early in the morning to be hitting the hard stuff, isn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT