ADVERTISEMENT

pJ

Tucsonboiler2

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2014
I rewatched the Iowa game. We had a good lead and, you guessed it, Octeus was in foul trouble. Iowa spread the floor and isolated PJ. It was also amazing that AJ couldn't block his shot. Their pt guard almost won the game for them. Fast forward to Ill, the biggest one on one team in the conference. PJ's man didn't get any open looks that I saw. He was the defensive player of the game. In my opinion, he outplayed Octeus( no easy feat) in the Wisconsin game. I hope he gets 20 min a game this year.

Iowa's Geselle is actually a pretty good role model for PJ IMO. Both are outside shooting undersized PG's. Geselle has, to my eyes, improved his quickness over the years, and this enabled him to successfully execute more of those quick drives to the basket like when we played them. His outside shooting was down due to an arm injury I think, but his senior year is a chance for him to put it all together and have a great season. If PJ can train himself up to a similar level of play, it'll help us.

Go back and watch the game @Minny....PJ single handedly, by himself, ALMOST, bailed Purdue out of that crapfest....I'm standing up to be counted right now, was he ready to take over the team this year ? No. But, kids develop, Purdue will be fine at point guard. And...I'm hitting "post reply" right now....

He'll get more PT than you think this year because of his outside shooting.

He's not ready yet, but he's not going to be a footnote like Bryson Scott or RJ

Reactions: GregJM24
Let's just hope we have PJ next year and not Scott Bakula in PJ's body!

It's all up to Ziggy now......
th

I rewatched the Iowa game. We had a good lead and, you guessed it, Octeus was in foul trouble. Iowa spread the floor and isolated PJ. It was also amazing that AJ couldn't block his shot. Their pt guard almost won the game for them. Fast forward to Ill, the biggest one on one team in the conference. PJ's man didn't get any open looks that I saw. He was the defensive player of the game. In my opinion, he outplayed Octeus( no easy feat) in the Wisconsin game. I hope he gets 20 min a game this year.
I think that he had room to improve his body and get quicker and more explosive.

I think that he'll eventually develop into a solid Big Ten guard, but I'm not sure that he'll be quite there yet as a Sophomore.

From what I recall Octeus almost saved us in Minny with a couple banked 3s. PJ did have his bright moments just needs to be more consistent next season.

Reactions: Jack_Ripper
Just ran into PJ in a store in Indy recently. What a nice fellow! I told him I was excited about their upcoming season, and he indicated that the players are as well. He also said that they have been working very hard. He is solidly built and will have the strength to fight through picks, etc. I was reminded that Purdue has always prided itself in attracting good kids for its athletic teams. There have been some low character guys, but many more guys who get it.

Just ran into PJ in a store in Indy recently. What a nice fellow! I told him I was excited about their upcoming season, and he indicated that the players are as well. He also said that they have been working very hard. He is solidly built and will have the strength to fight through picks, etc. I was reminded that Purdue has always prided itself in attracting good kids for its athletic teams. There have been some low character guys, but many more guys who get it.

Just curious, does he look like he's a legit 5'10 or is he an inch or two shorter than that?

I actually came away thinking he looked taller than I expected. I bet he is a solid 5' 10". I was 6' 3" and he did not seem short to me. Plus he is so strong that I think he will really get into people. Bet he has a good year.

I actually came away thinking he looked taller than I expected. I bet he is a solid 5' 10". I was 6' 3" and he did not seem short to me. Plus he is so strong that I think he will really get into people. Bet he has a good year.

I see. Now there are two conflicting accounts. Where does the truth lie?! (tic)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT