ADVERTISEMENT

Patriots and Austin Burton

Feb 7, 2007
I guess it shows you how bad the NE Patriots have gotten. They waived Will Grier and brought in Austin Burton for a try-out. I don't think he was signed and I can't see any reason he would be. Of all the good, experienced QBs looking for a job (Hello Colon Kaepernick, Nick Foles, Colt McCoy), they are looking at AB? I think the Patriot dynasty was 90% Tom Brady and 10% Belichick. Remember he was also a loser at Cleveland.

Reactions: RDUBoiler
I guess it shows you how bad the NE Patriots have gotten. They waived Will Grier and brought in Austin Burton for a try-out. I don't think he was signed and I can't see any reason he would be. Of all the good, experienced QBs looking for a job (Hello Colon Kaepernick, Nick Foles, Colt McCoy), they are looking at AB? I think the Patriot dynasty was 90% Tom Brady and 10% Belichick. Remember he was also a loser at Cleveland.

If they were looking at Burton, they wanted all their plays to be run plays I am assuming.

• Haha
Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Probably wanted a guy to throw to the tight ends they were looking at who was available on short notice. Burton's from the area and presumably living back there. They also wokred out one defensive back, probably to cover them. This happens more with NFL teams than you might think.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT