ADVERTISEMENT

ot- The 5pt play...

boilerman101

True Freshman
Nov 11, 2011
While watching NW vs Mississinewa Girls 3A Sec23 at Norwell HS Wed night, I saw a 5pt play. With 3:45 left in the 2nd qtr & NW up 23-16, Ashley Newell for NW hit a 3pt shot from the corner and was fouled. NW went up 26-16. She goes to the line and she should get 1 FT. But, you hear the PA announcer say she's shooting a 1 and bonus. She makes the 1st FT. When she's given the ball for the 2nd FT, a guy in the crowd yells, "She made the shot!" She made the 2nd FT & the score was 28-16. That's all that was said about the 5pt play. Nobody caught it except the dude. Everybody was oblivious and was never corrected. Hey, somebody shake the opposing coach to see if he's awake... and the refs, and the announcers. It was a blowout, so it didn't matter. If you want a laugh, listen to the announcers. I know they aren't pros, but give me a break. They had me rolling.

I was watching this game to see #11-McKenna Layden, 6'2" Sr PG, for NW. She'll be joining her sister, Madison, at Purdue next year.

Here is the 5pt play:
Wouldn't give me the exact link to paste, so pick the NW/Miss game on the linked page, and go to about 3:50 left in the 2nd qtr.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BoilerAndy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT