ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Someone get me a beer

BBG

All-American
Jun 18, 2001
Global
www.beeradvocate.com
I have returned! Things went okay and luckily didn't take as long as I thought they would.

Anyway, thanks to the soldier (I know you're watching ;)) that told me about Biggie! It was pretty freakin tough not knowing when it seemed like a decision was imminent. But yes, word even found me where I was at which of course caused a few of us to yell a nice loud BOILER UP! To the hilarious confusion of the locals ...

These trips put life in perspective though. Life is more important than any game and I am just so grateful that we losers of this forum have the luxury to post here and get on each other's nerves. Especially when there are those still fighting for our ability to do that.

I took with me about 500 dollars worth of Purdue T-Shirts to pass around and what is funny, even a few rival fans took one just simply because it reminded them of home. That is the biggest thing we can do for all our soldiers overseas no matter where they are, just don't let them feel forgotten.

Okay off my soapbox, it's good to be back and I know it's early .. but I need a beer.... I look forward to arguing with everyone again.

Last edited:
Welcome back, BBG; and thank you for your service.

You've missed some prime opportunities for arguments, but I have no doubt you'll find your way into the next available opportunities.

I think Gem still has the beer "stash."

Thank you for your service and whatever role you just played in encouraging men and women who defend our freedom.
It's trips like the one I just took that really keeps things in perspective and how, unimportant football and basketball games are in the grand scheme.

Anyway, thanks for the note and while I am not necessarily active duty anymore, it is still rewarding supporting those that are.

Now. back to disagreeing! :D

Welcome back, BBG; and thank you for your service.

You've missed some prime opportunities for arguments, but I have no doubt you'll find your way into the next available opportunities.

I think Gem still has the beer "stash."
Ha ha thanks! I've skimmed some of the topics I've missed, and it seems that you are quite right!

I have returned! Things went okay and luckily didn't take as long as I thought they would.

Anyway, thanks to the soldier (I know you're watching ;)) that told me about Biggie! It was pretty freakin tough not knowing when it seemed like a decision was imminent. But yes, word even found me where I was at which of course caused a few of us to yell a nice loud BOILER UP! To the hilarious confusion of the locals ...

These trips put life in perspective though. Life is more important than any game and I am just so grateful that we losers of this forum have the luxury to post here and get on each other's nerves. Especially when there are those still fighting for our ability to do that.

I took with me about 500 dollars worth of Purdue T-Shirts to pass around and what is funny, even a few rival fans took one just simply because it reminded them of home. That is the biggest thing we can do for all our soldiers overseas no matter where they are, just don't let them feel forgotten.

Okay off my soapbox, it's good to be back and I know it's early .. but I need a beer.... I look forward to arguing with everyone again.

BBG, you make a valid point about the shirts. If you have old car mags, motorcycle mags lying around collecting dust, box them up and send them to the boys and girls protecting your freedoms. They'll be read until the covers fall off. Again, thanks to all who have served as there is a special place in God's house for you.

Ha ha thanks! I've skimmed some of the topics I've missed, and it seems that you are quite right!
Good to have you back. What's your opinion on IU's back court or who decided on CMP, Keady or Burke? Or whether IU fans are better poets than Boiler fans? ...or Occulta beer? Should we cut eggs at the big end or the little end (from Gulliver's Travels)?

This is the type of important guano you missed.

Welcome back. Join in on the fun:)

Reactions: Frankie611
Good to have you back. What's your opinion on IU's back court or who decided on CMP, Keady or Burke? Or whether IU fans are better poets than Boiler fans? ...or Occulta beer? Should we cut eggs at the big end or the little end (from Gulliver's Travels)?

This is the type of important guano you missed.

Welcome back. Join in on the fun:)
Wait .. there really was a discussion on how to cut eggs? Wow. But anyway in order of how you asked:

1. IU's backcourt -- who cares it's IU and they suck anyway :D

2. Who decided on CMP: Keady.. NO WAIT .. Burke... NO WAIT ... Clisby!

3. Who are better poets? Hmm ... engineers or stoned liberal arts majors ... tough call there. I vote beer.

4. How to cut eggs? On the side of course! One handed crack on the edge of a pan then cook with beer.

Wait .. there really was a discussion on how to cut eggs? Wow. But anyway in order of how you asked:

1. IU's backcourt -- who cares it's IU and they suck anyway :D

2. Who decided on CMP: Keady.. NO WAIT .. Burke... NO WAIT ... Clisby!

3. Who are better poets? Hmm ... engineers or stoned liberal arts majors ... tough call there. I vote beer.

4. How to cut eggs? On the side of course! One handed crack on the edge of a pan then cook with beer.

BBG, you make a valid point about the shirts. If you have old car mags, motorcycle mags lying around collecting dust, box them up and send them to the boys and girls protecting your freedoms. They'll be read until the covers fall off. Again, thanks to all who have served as there is a special place in God's house for you.
You are exactly right. What is funny is things we think are trash can be gold over there, simply because it reminds them of home.

No I made that one up for effect. We did have an IU poet on here who got deleted real quick. The OP was either 8 years old or an IU grad, couldn't tell.

OH! Quit saying beer this early on a Friday. I've got timesheets to approve. You're killing me!!!!

No I made that one up for effect. We did have an IU poet on here who got deleted real quick. The OP was either 8 years old or an IU grad, couldn't tell.
Gotcha. I can understand the confusion though between an 8 year old and an IU grad, that would be rather difficult to separate the two.

OH! Quit saying beer this early on a Friday. I've got timesheets to approve. You're killing me!!!!
Well in that case, I give you.. the Beerkini:
F5UQI7GGSIFFWN7.LARGE.jpg

Reactions: PU pit bull
Gotcha. I can understand the confusion though between an 8 year old and an IU grad, that would be rather difficult to separate the two.

Well in that case, I give you.. the Beerkini:
F5UQI7GGSIFFWN7.LARGE.jpg
I could drink a six pack of that!

Welcome back BBG....Boiler Up!

Let's see now, you leave, Abugabby shows up. You come back, now Abu is missing. Is this one of those Clark Kent/Superman kind of things???

Welcome back! I work at the VA Indy in the Telehealth Department. Stop by and say hi to a fellow boilermaker if you are ever here. Thank you for everything you have done and will do.

Welcome back, BBG! God bless you for your service.

How do you send stuff overseas? We participate in the Adopt-A-Soldier and Adopt-A-Platton programs. Is that the best way?

Welcome back, BBG! God bless you for your service.

How do you send stuff overseas? We participate in the Adopt-A-Soldier and Adopt-A-Platton programs. Is that the best way?
I know you weren't asking me, but as someone that has been there I think that the two entities you mentioned are the best way for civilians to send stuff. And thanks by the way for what you do with them, that sort of things goes a long way.

And welcome back BBG.

I know you weren't asking me, but as someone that has been there I think that the two entities you mentioned are the best way for civilians to send stuff. And thanks by the way for what you do with them, that sort of things goes a long way.

And welcome back BBG.

Thank you. We'll add motor magazines to our list.

I've heard that certain items don't make it to the troops because they are considered objectional in some countries. Specifically, I'm thinking about some of the covers of the hot rod magazines. Should we be selective in our choices or should we worry that the stuff we send may not get to the troops?

Thank you. We'll add motor magazines to our list.

I've heard that certain items don't make it to the troops because they are considered objectional in some countries. Specifically, I'm thinking about some of the covers of the hot rod magazines. Should we be selective in our choices or should we worry that the stuff we send may not get to the troops?
Sorry I missed your post but yeah the best way to send stuff is using the organizations you do. I have other "avenues" so can get away with more ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT