ADVERTISEMENT

OT!!!: IU grabs mediocrity from the portal

lol I hope he does but they’re paying those other two guys waaaaay more money and there’s a reason they recruited over the 5th year senior guard

Galloway is a player I have always liked....I see why CMP recruited him before the numbers & better recruits didn't work out for Galloway to be at a better more competitive program.

But iu guard play was so bad and inconsistent last year, I don't blame them for trying to improve their guards. But did they, sure a little. But B10 championship contender??... maybe, we will see??

Alot of issues can subvert iu's increased talent @ guard.

The convergence & confluence of the coaching staff working hand in hand with the execution of Purdue's guards is a major positive. Because of that, I like Purdue's guards a whole lot, and I think until proven otherwise, the back court of a NCRU Purdue will still be pushing for the B10s best.

Last edited:
Do you guys now measure programs based on NIL funding instead of wins? Nothing else seems to be working for you, so whatever makes you feel better about yourselves. I guess. Will you storm the court and cut down the nets when you declare a NIL championship? lol
Many of the same people paying today are the same ones who were funneling money to Indinia players for decades. Lots of spending money was available to their players through the years.

Reactions: Schnelk
lol I hope he does but they’re paying those other two guys waaaaay more money and there’s a reason they recruited over the 5th year senior guard
They recruited over Galloway and the little freshman guard who couldn’t defend a chair. Woodson knew he had to push guys out or to the side if he wanted to make it into the top half of the conference. They’re another year or two from their next search.

They recruited over Galloway and the little freshman guard who couldn’t defend a chair. Woodson knew he had to push guys out or to the side if he wanted to make it into the top half of the conference. They’re another year or two from their next search.
If IU doesn’t win the B1G and make the E8, this season will be a massive failure with all that money that was shelled out

All optics. Their base is creaming their pants over bringing in a first team all conference player. I don’t think Galloway will start for this reason but he will get minutes.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I believe Galloway will start,his metrics are a lot better than Rice or Carlye! People need to remember,the Pac12 was a bad conference, they had 2 teams ranked in the top 40, the BT had 7. A lot of people thought the BT was weak!
The Big Ten as a whole was massively propped up by Purdue and Illinois. The conference was horrid. Especially out of conference outside of Purdue and Illinois.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
All optics. Their base is creaming their pants over bringing in a first team all conference player. I don’t think Galloway will start for this reason but he will get minutes.
The PAC 12 names 10 “first teamers”. Ballo was first team but would not have been first team in any other P5 conference. Rice also was “first team” but was in the second bunch so in a league that wasn’t very good, he was second team all conference. I expect Ballo will average 10-12 ppg and 8-10 rpg. No clue how their guards will do with B1G play and in that offense that doesn’t know the 3pt line exists

“NEWS: Stanford transfer Kanaan Carlyle, a top-10 player in the portal, has committed to Indiana, @On3sports has learned. The 6-3 freshman guard averaged 11.5 PPG this season.
Let's correct your statement. Kanaan Carlye in early portal ratings, 10th, committed to Indiana. Not a TOP 10 player, In fact according to computer metrics does not even make the top 1000 players in 23-24 season. CBS has the best ratings for the Portal with Carlyle at 35 and Rice at 33 with overrated Ballo at no. 9! Again this is just portal ratings not based on overall college rankings! IU is not bringing in top 10 guards, probably 5th or 6th best in the BT! Galloway is their best guard based on last years play!

Let's correct your statement. Kanaan Carlye in early portal ratings, 10th, committed to Indiana. Not a TOP 10 player, In fact according to computer metrics does not even make the top 1000 players in 23-24 season. CBS has the best ratings for the Portal with Carlyle at 35 and Rice at 33 with overrated Ballo at no. 9! Again this is just portal ratings not based on overall college rankings! IU is not bringing in top 10 guards, probably 5th or 6th best in the BT! Galloway is their best guard based on last years play!
THX ... I just quoted what I saw at the time. I did use the word Mediocrity!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT