ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Italy I know this can easily get lost at this time, but does anyone have places in Italy

@Do Dah Day @SIBoiler2 @*4purdue* Are there any particulars that separated Cinque Terra from other places good and bad. The lady that sits beside us in games just said there was a lot of hiking. Did you SiBoiler2 find it much worse than Siena which I was fine. Sitting inside this winter and being three years older than went I went in 2021 I'm probably not in as good a shape. I did fine in 2021 walking up Mt Vesuvius and only stopped once for about 20 seconds to get my breath, but I was a bit more active back then and hope to get some of that back this summer when warmer doing some physical things. Anyway, any specifics of interest that any of you would care to share?
There can be alot of hiking... There are 5 villages that are a mile or 2 apart. We just went to 1 village. They are mountain side, so if you go to more than 1, then yes, you will be hiking. We did some, but not alot of hiking just going to 1. There are lots of shops & as I mentioned, take or wear your swimsuit under shorts. The views are amazing.

Reactions: tjreese
If you don't spend that money on yourselves, your daughter will spend it for you later!!!😉
Maybe not her, but her brother's might! ;) She said she doesn't want any money and wants me to spend it on me. Her brother's have stated similar. Still, I don't want to blow it because it took a lot of work to get it. My daughter in her first year out of Georgetown medical made more money in a year than I ever did in a year.

When the country shut down her husband couldn't handle the two children and his conference calls and so she quit her job to watch the children. She has a hybrid/home school where the children go to a school for a couple of days and she works with them on the remaining days. Her husband's bonus was more than she made and so that is what she is doing today. I hate her losing her license knowing the work she put in by not keeping her credentials active. I know you saw some pics when we were in Italy. People talk about fathers and their daughters, and I can attest that I follow that, in that she has held my heart since she was in diapers.

She has always been interested in science, but she now is getting interested in history...which I love. She will ask me from time to times if I was aware of such and such. I credit her friends in college at Saint Mary's of Notre Dame for being such a positive influence on her as they were special ladies in her life. Although 5'9" she is still my little girl. ;)

She has been blessed with beauty inside and out (her picture popped up in facebook from 2014 and lot of people complemented on her being gorgeous ) and a work ethic that enabled academic success. She has been so fortunate I often wonder how she will deal with REAL disappointment when it happens, as it will. I hope I'm around for any comfort when that happens.

Last edited:
There can be alot of hiking... There are 5 villages that are a mile or 2 apart. We just went to 1 village. They are mountain side, so if you go to more than 1, then yes, you will be hiking. We did some, but not alot of hiking just going to 1. There are lots of shops & as I mentioned, take or wear your swimsuit under shorts. The views are amazing.
The beaches and water are amazing, but it may not be warm when we go. We discussed such the last time and didn't use them and it was warmer then...except when we were a bit higher in Orvieto and then the evenings got chilly with the wind. I didn't know if it was the beauty that brought people there or if there was some history or architecture in particular that was a drawing card? There are sooooo many places to go that it makes you wanting to go back. ;)

We made a stop at the Basilica in Padua on the road from Venice to Florence. The Basilica is the resting place of St Anthony. It was one of the more spiritually serene spots during our trip.

We made a stop at the Basilica in Padua on the road from Venice to Florence. The Basilica is the resting place of St Anthony. It was one of the more spiritually serene spots during our trip.
I'll see how far north it is from Florence. All the Basillica's are beautiful. The detail and workmanship are amazing. This is off the subject but if anyone is reading this and has seen Sound of Freedom I'm curious of their thoughts. My daughter said the other day it was hard to watch knowing it is going on today. I want to see Cabrini. It has been quite a few years since I have went to a movie, but I do like stories of truth (even if they get embellished a bit) when people are or have made a difference. Outside of basketball, the tube or theatre doesn't get much time. Not against it...just seems there is something else pulling at me. ;)

I'll see how far north it is from Florence. All the Basillica's are beautiful. The detail and workmanship are amazing. This is off the subject but if anyone is reading this and has seen Sound of Freedom I'm curious of their thoughts. My daughter said the other day it was hard to watch knowing it is going on today. I want to see Cabrini. It has been quite a few years since I have went to a movie, but I do like stories of truth (even if they get embellished a bit) when people are or have made a difference. Outside of basketball, the tube or theatre doesn't get much time. Not against it...just seems there is something else pulling at me. ;)
Looks like Padua is about 2.5 hours north of Firenza.

We were in Milan last summer. Da Vinci's last supper was an amazing experience. It is not an actual canvas painting but is on the wall of a monastery. A day at Lake Como was also awesome. The Amalfi coast and Capris are beautiful. Enjoy!!!

The beaches and water are amazing, but it may not be warm when we go. We discussed such the last time and didn't use them and it was warmer then...except when we were a bit higher in Orvieto and then the evenings got chilly with the wind. I didn't know if it was the beauty that brought people there or if there was some history or architecture in particular that was a drawing card? There are sooooo many places to go that it makes you wanting to go back. ;)
The beauty is probably what brings most people there. I also enjoyed Pisa (leaning tower), Venice & Florence.

The beauty is probably what brings most people there. I also enjoyed Pisa (leaning tower), Venice & Florence.
We are planning on catching Assisi, Lucca and Pisa. Not doing Venice this trip (did previously), but will spend I think 6 nights in Florence with a couple of day trips out of there. Will add again this trip in addition to Florence...Naples, Sorrento, Orvieto and Rome that we have already been to and Perugia and Bologna as first time visits. This can change because there are places up north that would be interesting and even Sicily down south. I don't want to spend a lot of time on the train and will NOT spend as much money on leather in Florence this time. ;)

Reactions: *4purdue*
We were in Milan last summer. Da Vinci's last supper was an amazing experience. It is not an actual canvas painting but is on the wall of a monastery. A day at Lake Como was also awesome. The Amalfi coast and Capris are beautiful. Enjoy!!!
Milan is a place of interest, but not for shopping! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: rjmpu82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT