ADVERTISEMENT

One observation - NFL

NukeLaloosh

Senior
Jun 11, 2002
I'm not a huge NFL guy so take this critique with a huge helping of salt. With the rule changes that have made it pretty much illegal to ever touch a qb or wide receiver, combined with some critical refereeing of O-linemen, there has been an explosion of aerial-based offenses and thus a huge increase in QBs putting up ridic numbers. With that said, I kind of think that a smart team is going to adjust to the market, and not invest heavily in offense (something it seems a lot of NFL teams are able to acquire/manufacture even with lesser investment - draft picks and $) and instead invest in defensive players that can defend without fouling/penalizing.

I saw the poster that suggested that the Colts should not have invested heavily in Luck at the sacrifice of other positions - and while I'm not smart enough to know the exact financial limits of the Colts and how they've built this team - I will say from a broad perspective that it's probably a pretty good idea (even if the delivery was bad).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News