ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State Game Threads (Selected Excerpts)

Apr 30, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
I'm back home from the ICU, but that game almost sent me back!! Damn, why can't we get a 20 point lead and win by 10 or 12 like other good teams? Hell of a come back by OSU! Anyway, great game winning shot by Ivey - I think he might have earned his way back into the starting line up. OSU posters were up and down like a yo-yo on a small boat during high seas. Blamed everything on the refs until their comeback and then blamed them for the loss anyway. Enjoy the angst!

Thinking back to the BTT game with them last year, we actually are a tough match up for them. Yes, their size will be tough on us, but on the other hand, they really struggled to match up with EJ and Young in that game. Edey and Williams aren't going to be able to cover either if we move well around the outside. Hopefully Wheeler is back to pressure their ball handlers. You're right, tough environment, complete gravy game; will be fun to watch.

Nice to see a arena that doesnt sound like a funeral home lobby.

Not a ton of options in West Lafayette on a cold Sunday.

PU is 0-3 when kept under 75. Lock it down!

Slow start already. Have to start moving the ball and securing the rebounds. We are getting eaten up on the glass and offense is stagnant.

Talk about bad match ups all over the court = blow out.

Maybe trying to post up a 7' 4" guy is a bad idea.

I'm sick of Purdue always having guys that are 8 feet tall!

Edey dunking is like the Abominable Snow Monster putting a star atop the Xmas tree.

Edey is Frankenstein and just stumbles into bail out calls.

Oh, to have a 7ft 4 center!

Yea, we are jealous we want a circus freak, too.

He may be tall, but can't shoot FTs worth sh*t.

Edey's got that Shaq-like free throw ability.

If this game comes down to the wire - Hack an Edey will be in full effect.

I looked away. Must've been Edey loosing his dribble and an official immediately calling a foul just in case there was contact.

Can’t tell if it’s the players or the game plan - but we're too respectful of their size down low.

Liddell is playing soft. Go to the basket!! Hes not playing in NBA if he runs from bigger players.

The most punchable face in college basketball. Stefanovich!

Davison says "hello" from Wisconsin.

Stefanovic has a gas station face.

Purdue with a legit shot at making final 4.

Purdue should be a final 4 or at least final 8 team with their talent, but they will choke again as usual. Painter is a choke artist.

Looks like Brunk is going in to be a foul sponge. Going to need a lot of that today.

Someone needs to tell the refs this is the B1G and not the Princess Pee Wee League.

Browns ought take a look at Stefanovic.

How the hell do you only play Trevion Williams 20 minutes per game?

If I’m Painter, I would just let us shoot. No one on this team can make a basket other than Liddell.

Watching the Buckeyes get peed on under the basket by freakishly tall opponents is getting old.

Story of the half. Bucks have gotten it to single digits 3-4 times and Purdue gets an answer every trip afterward.

F*ck Purdon’t!

Fouls piling up. Hard to guard the giant down low. Just have to walk him up and hope he misses the short jumpers.

9 fouls to 3. A tale as old as time.

Need to go get one of our own.. Thad had a bowl full of em...

Who is this announcer that gets overly excited with a Purdue play?

Dude is creaming in his pants every time Purdue scores.

Someone tweet @kyleyoung to stop shooting 3's!

Done. He said shut the hell up.

The difference in the first half was the sequence where we miss the alley-oop pass and Purdue gets a 4pt play at the other end.

That was a weird half. Feels like we are down a lot more than we usually are. I refuse to believe a team into committed 3 fouls in a half.

Need a little run to start 2H.

Bucks are playing pretty good. Purdue just really good.

Other than 2-13 from three.

And allowing the other guys to shoot 50%.

F'ing Stefanovic. Purdue always has the most annoying players!

That Ivey guy literally pushes off whenever he gets the ball.

I haven't seen anything lately to believe a 17 point deficit can be overcome today. Second half couldn't have started worse.

Ref malpractice!

That is a lame call. 10 feet from the rim on a hook shot. Mackie may replace Assembly Hall as the worst reffed arena.

Holtmann needs to work the refs a little harder. Getting hosed on the call.

Their fans have a big effect. They loudly boo every call that is made against Purdue, whether it is obvious or not. It's subconscious but it has to have an effect on the refs.

Breathe on PU = foul!

Edey takes up so much attention that garbage stuff opens up for the other guys.

Sweep his ****ing leg! Sh*t, do something with that Yao Ming f*cker!

Respect for Purdue. They are so much better it's not even funny.

We're definitely driving better in last 5-6 minutes - making a huge difference, both scoring and drawing some fouls.

Finish inside a 10 pount deficit would be moral victory. PU is very tough.

Particularly with these refs. Pathetic. No chance!

Like it or not Key with 4 fouls and no help on Edey is pathetic coaching.

Zero contact allowed if PU is on O. Not the other way.

Rewound that play, Williams was in the lane for 8 seconds…

Purdue opening up a can of whoop &^%!!

Liddell is thoroughly intimidated. NBA? Good luck with that.

We have no answer for Lurch inside.

Zed has 3 fouls, Purdue has three fouls. I turned the game on and the officials called a foul on me for looking at Edey.

LOL. That’s absurd that he can go into the paint and not even jump to get the ball into the basket.

We're bound to make a run eventually - hope it's not too late.

Ivey fumbled the ball on purpose so he could get a 2nd dribble and the refs let him get away with it.

11 mins to go and Purdue will shoot free throws the rest of the way. Sheesh.

Well, out football team is a LOT better than their football team!

They’re still talking about 49-20. lmao. They’re low and ain’t got nothing important in their history to speak of. This is why I want Purdue to lose nearly EVERY GAME unless they’re playing That Team. They’re so obnoxious it’s insane. Also remember when we beat them 59-31? Good times!

As frustrating as this team is they don’t quit!

Was that dude putting his hand in Liddell’s crack?

Still in this thing!

I'm confused what was the foul on Brunk there?

Apparently Edey hitting him in the face is now a foul on the defender.

Someone needs to just knee Edey in the nuts.

Hard to guard him when the refs won’t let you. Playing at Purdue means you are down 10 before the game starts.

Finally, called a travel on Ivey!

Helluva job for these guys to keep fighting. Looked like they were going to mail it in when down 20.

Need a Liddell magic! Called it. Splash. Need. More. A. Dat.

Nobody blocked out! Whatchu talkin about Gillis?

EJ has to box out… He completely lost track of his guy!

Gotta win the last 43 seconds!

Purdue offensive rebounds and one sided officials loom large.

Down by 3 need ONE stop!

Tie game. Unbelieveable!

Win or lose that's an incredible comeback.

Holy shit! We might actually pull this off...

Watch now if Purdue pulls this one out their fans will storm the court like they won the NCAA tourney.

Boom! Jaden Ivey is a stud!

I am still sitting here stunned this game isn't going to OT. That is exactly what you wanted them to shoot a long contested 3 and it goes swiss - really stunning!

You know what. Give it to him that's an amazing shot!

That Ivey guy. Man.

Ivey; Player of the year!

Helluva fight. Lose by 3 to a #6 away…no shame in that.

Great come back. Clutch shot by them. It happens.

Good Defense . That was a super low % shot . Great effort by OSU .

That was a heck of a shot, guy in your face as time expires. Dang!

Tough to fault the defensive effort on that play.

Yep. He makes that shot probably 10% of the time.

Made it the only time it mattered.

That’s what we lack. A guy we can give the ball to and say “ Go win the game.”

Well, we did have that clutch 3 from the corner... and from the top of the key.

Liddell made two clutch 3’s in the last minute to tie.

Malichi may be that guy by the end of the year. Liddell is a great player, but not the 1 on 1 creator that Ivey is.

OSU still only team in BIG w/ winning record v Purdue all time...92-91...

Is that’s what they call a moral victory?

Ouch. I’ll be so happy when Ivey moves on!

2 GD years in a row!!

I was completely fine with that shot until it went down.

They won and didn't storm the court. If we were and home and won, would we have stormed the court? I say yes and rightfully so. It is just the sign of the times.

It is amazing how that hasn't changed in the last 20 years. Road teams get hosed in the B1G

Total fouls 22 to 12. Never change, B1G.

Our number is legit, the 12 is laughable. OSU guys were getting knocked down and pushed off on rebounds over and over!

You are never going to get fouls called when your stupid offense is jacking up 3 point shots. Purdue has taken the ball inside like 30 times. OSU maybe twice. Complaining about officiating is the sissy Michigan whine. Worthless!

Think it has more to do with Purdue's size on the baseline. Hard to guard without fouling.

Seemed worse than that. Those numbers aren't terrible considering they have a living giant in the middle.

There’s no goddamn way West Lafayette is built upon anything other than a mass Indian burial ground…..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News