ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue football Official Purdue at Minnesota Game Thread

Matt_GoldandBlack.com

Redshirt Freshman
Staff
Sep 1, 2004
West Lafayette
Good afternoon and let me thaw out a little bit to say I'm LOOKING LIVE...from TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis as I bring you the pre-game official game thread. Current temperature in the local area is 19 degrees and expected to rise to the heat wave of 23 degrees by kickoff. Purdue (5-4, 4-2 in Big Ten Conference) will try to get its first win in TCF Bank Stadium and also get bowl eligible today as they face Minnesota (4-5, 1-5) with a 3:30 p.m. kickoff today on ESPN2.

Since we're still a few hours away from kickoff but in the meantime I'd encourage you to listen the GoldandBlack.com Radio Pre-Game Podcast featuring myself, @Brian_GoldandBlack.com, @Alan_GoldandBlack.com, a weather report of solid weather by our good friend WLFI's Anne Brown and the whole is hosted by @KODK. For all the insider information the pre-game podcast show is all you'll need before today's game.

We know what Purdue will be wearing today as the Boilermakers are going with gold helmets, white jerseys, gold pants, white cleats and white gloves.

As always, we'll have consistent pre-game news updates on this thread before kickoff but if you have a question before we start, I'll try to answer them here. As you know by now, I do this for you, the loyal subscriber, because that's why I'm here. We're here to pay it forward in the form of journalism about Purdue athletics.

Take a look at our GoldandBlack.com staff predictions for this Iowa-Purdue game. (HINT: Everybody picked Purdue but I took Minnesota to cover the 12.5-point spread).

Since we're a few hours from kickoff, feel free to give a quick look to some of our game week coverage.

- A look at Purdue coach Jeff Brohm's 'cat and mouse game'
- Brohm believes Purdue's playoff run began last weekend
- Matchup Preview: Purdue vs. Minnesota
- Swingler comfortable in routine as Purdue's starting left tackle
- Rondale Moore named a finalist for Paul Hornung Award
- Holt expects turnovers to come in final month of 2018 season
- Opponent View: Minnesota
- Gophers' Coughlin, Big Ten sack leader, has Purdue's full attention
- How JaMarcus Shephard manages personalities of 'a typical WR room'

- Neither Brohm nor Fleck expecting 'wholesale changes' in Gophers' D
- The philosophical two-year differences of Jeff Brohm and P.J. Fleck
- Data Driven: A look at some of Minnesota's PFF metrics