ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern Message Boards (Selected Excerpts)

Apr 30, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
Purdue goes 7-4 in football and beats North Carolina in basketball! What a great day to be a Boilermaker! As you can imagine, the Northwestern fanbase is in borderline apathy about this year's team. However, there are a few arrogant/pungent observations from the smarter-than-you crowd. Enjoy!

Prediction - Cats 49-3. Boilers kick with less than 3 minutes left to preserve some dignity.

Northwestern 27 - Purdue 16. Play ball!

Purdue gets off the bus 31. Northwestern doesn’t 7.

Purdue Train 31. El Train 17

Best tackling and route coverage I've seen in a long time, maybe all year. Jake needs to open up the offense and give us a shot. We're not going to win this game running 80% of the time and throwing drop off's the rest.

Playing 10 yards off the ball is a good strategy, right?

Keep running the holding play, Purdue.

There is no room for error with Marty at the helm. If we can’t constantly pick up 3-5 yards on every run/short pass, he has no way of making a 3rd and long.

On the third down play, how do you not see Karlaftis unblocked off that right edge?

A sweep to the short side on 3rd and 7??? When we know we can’t make FGs? Why???

Probably thought we'd get half of it and then go for it on 4th down because nobody other than the opposition wants to see Koobs out there kicking FG's.

Literally told the Purdue fans sitting behind me 4th and 10. Either a run or a dump pass for 2 yards. They were very impressed with my prognostication

Disgustingly dirty play by Purdue #88 on Azema. Hope it fires up the defense.

This is just painful. A great sack nullified by defensive holding. Now marching down the field when that sack probably could’ve killed that drive.

I’ll disagree with the earlier comment about the field. It is an embarrassment. This really should be the end of this Wrigley Field BS.

Wish we had played this well all year!

Good grief. 6 yard pass on a 3rd and 16. So typical of this offense.

Wait till you see they threw a swing pass on 4th and 10!

Actually it was a -5 yards pass he turned into a 1 yard pass.

We know how this is going to end. This is not like past years where we made adjustments at halftime.

Actually it was a -5 yards pass he turned into a 1 yard pass.

We know how this is going to end. This is not like past years where we made adjustments at halftime.

Purdue gets a penalty to back them up to 1st and 24. Then 2nd and 12, 3rd and , 10 yard gain for a 1st down, 50 yard TD. I wonder what it feels like to have a competent offense like that?

I’m a NU fan so I wouldn’t know.

Insanity is watching this team over and over again expecting different results.

NU’s defense has been bending but not breaking, save for that 53-yard TD to Wright. Still, Purdue has just two FGs on three trips into the red zone. NU has a shot. And they get the ball to start the second half.

What a year...kicker slips and they get the ball.....Hampton has had a rough day.

Well, we were back in the game for a few seconds.

Commence yet another blowout. It isn’t the losses. It’s the fact that we’re not at all competitive.

Bell winning MVP as a safety decoy today.

We ran it down their throats that drive. Impressive! Wish we could get a stop here.

Wear em out! Pound em! Great ground game!

It ain’t rocket science! Don’t let that guy Wright behind you! That is a coaching mistake which Iowa doesn’t make!

God… our passing game is beyond awful. How is that possible?? It looks like a bad high school offense.

Hampton is not having a good day!

It’s NU football - No one is having a good day.

I'm having a good day! I’ve just finally learned to do healthy shit, like not staking my happiness to the outcome of one really terrible football team.

I know our DBs are getting beat but the problem is really that we have no pass rush. The QB has a huge comfortable pocket all day.

Basically three guys are beating us! Wright, Bell and O’Connell!

No sh*t Sherlock.

8 minutes down 2 scores and we are running the ball...maybe the goal is beat the spread!

How do you take 4 straight sacks? Unbelievable!

Gross! First and second were on Marty for getting super squirrley. Third down was just the RT getting torched. Fourth down was little hope on an obvious long drop vs Karlaftis.

I don't know if I've ever seen 4 straight sacks in 40+ years of watching football. That was amazingly awful offense.

At least we scored two touchdowns today. Maybe we have a shot in Champaign. What a disappointing season.

Not trying to sound ridiculous but avg over 3 yards a rush was also an interesting improvement. At least we managed some first downs.

It’s all about next year now. Evaluate everything. That means the new AD needs to hold Fitz accountable. The first half of the schedule next year is very manageable. Indiana might be worse than us this year which is saying something. This can’t happen every other year as it’s not sustainable as far as recruiting goes.

I give Fitz a long leash til around '24 or '25, but if it is this bad next season, '23 tops. You will have over $400 million invested into the football program once the stadium renovations are done, plus the fact Fitzgerald is the third highest paid HC in the conference. People need to quit covering for Fitz. He is being handsomely paid, but not producing squat.

I don't think he should get that long. If we have another horrendous year next year oh, they should seriously consider either dumping him or dramatically reducing his salary like they did with frost and force coaching changes.

Which is exactly what he did in 2020. I hate to repeat myself but this thread is just a reminder that NU FANS SUCK BIG TIME!

NU fans are the only fanbase I've seen stop a football game because they were pelting the team with food and it was all over the field.

I believe you of course, but hard to believe also - all those damn weenies in the student section couldn't get a tomato across the track if you gave them a rocket launcher.

The Cats should definitely chase that highly effective Nebraska example. They've definitely managed the football program tremendously there over the last thirty years, so definitely makes sense to follow their lead.

Lowered Expectations: All I Want is a Win Over Illinois. Please Please Please let this one thing go right for this season!

What’s your second choice?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News