ADVERTISEMENT

Next season

FLAG HUNTER

Junior
Oct 2, 2014
Anyone else think that since this was pretty much the first year that Card played a lot, that he gained a lot of game experience and if Purdue can get a couple linemen in the Portal, with the guys that were injured coming back healthy, the offense should be much improved next season.

Reactions: mathboy and z_one
Anyone else think that since this was pretty much the first year that Card played a lot, that he gained a lot of game experience and if Purdue can get a couple linemen in the Portal, with the guys that were injured coming back healthy, the offense should be much improved next season.
So many meh players about to be off our roster. I think we will be fine with whatever we get in the portal instead of Scotty humpich

also need to upgrade team speed and a couple of wr's too

Keys for next season….
1. RedZone Scoring/short yardage/Kicking has to improve!!!

2. Health
-Starters MUST stay healthy especially the QB & OL! Injuries happened but a team with depth issues can’t afford major injuries to starters. This team really struggled with injuries all season long at key positions and it showed! Makes it really hard to build chemistry when the starting O-Line is always changing.

3. Portal/Recruiting
-I look for Walters to filter out the roster once again this off season. There are a lot of guys on the current roster that probably won’t ever see the field so the overall talent must improve to build depth. Walters has to hit in the portal with starting talent! Lots of positions need addressed so portal help is a must! The 24’ recruiting class looks solid so Walters needs to recruit his butt off to keep the class intact to build on the future.

I can’t imagine seeing any of the following next year (too lazy to see who has a covid year left vs 6th year)

Boyd jr
Humpich
Nichols
Anderson
Langham
Brothers
Wilson (I know he’s done unfortunately)
Allen
Jefferson
Washington
Sheffield
Grant
Nichols
Farrell
Biber
Meredith
A. Johnson
D. Johnson
Canion
Rice
Griffin
Tracy (unfortunately)
Oben
Carpenter

Maybes
Lewis
Strickland

Kpaka it will probably be up to him

2024 Will be painful. 5 for sure losses to teams currently in the top 25....add Wisconsin since we are completely incapable of beating them. The absolute best we could finish if we were perfect is 6-6 and the likelihood of perfect with as many holes as we have is minimal.

Reactions: pboiler18
2024 Will be painful. 5 for sure losses to teams currently in the top 25....add Wisconsin since we are completely incapable of beating them. The absolute best we could finish if we were perfect is 6-6 and the likelihood of perfect with as many holes as we have is minimal.
maybe so, with some incoming Freshmen playing , but still think Offense could be alot better if Purdue can get a couple good OL players and the injured linemen come back healthy . Card should be better and i look for the receivers group to be better

With a few breaks and no mistakes this year’s team could have beaten Fresno st, Northwestern and Syracuse. Unfortunately we lost all three games. This year could have easily been a 6-7 win team. Looking at next year, I see 5 losses, 5 possible wins. And two toss ups! Looking down the road, I see 4-6 wins as the expected norm.

Reactions: pboiler18
I can’t imagine seeing any of the following next year (too lazy to see who has a covid year left vs 6th year)

Boyd jr
Humpich
Nichols
Anderson
Langham
Brothers
Wilson (I know he’s done unfortunately)
Allen
Jefferson
Washington
Sheffield
Grant
Nichols
Farrell
Biber
Meredith
A. Johnson
D. Johnson
Canion
Rice
Griffin
Tracy (unfortunately)
Oben
Carpenter

Maybes
Lewis
Strickland

Kpaka it will probably be up to him
Lots of decisions to be made but it’s hard telling who comes or goes with the rules these days, better off letting a coin flip figure it out 🤦🏼‍♂️

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
As if you know. LOL
I followed the games! We were in a position to win those three games this year. The Syracuse game was a comedy of errors! Take away the fumbles and the interceptions and we would have won all three games! You can’t blame Walters for all of Mockabee’s fumbles this year.

As if you know. LOL
Players who grade under 60 on pff lose you games. Once I got a subscription to pff I went back to past teams and pretty much every guy I thought was losing us games ended up being below 60.

Walters had some guys play very well this year, but there were just a lot of sub 60 players left by the previous coaches. And then when players like Mbow and Wilson got hurt, they were replaced by the same.

And almost all of these players weren’t any better when brohm was here

• Haha
Reactions: z_one and pboiler18
I followed the games! We were in a position to win those three games this year. The Syracuse game was a comedy of errors! Take away the fumbles and the interceptions and we would have won all three games! You can’t blame Walters for all of Mockabee’s fumbles this year.

Someone already tried in a other thread lol. Wole, keep your posts short like this and you are a more cogent poster.

Proud of the fight today! If Walters history is any indication we will be better defensively. If something isn’t done about our offense I don’t see a bowl game happening. I love our rbs and the young TEs look promising. I am not sure how many we lose on the O-line but likely need an impact player there and wr at a minimum. Here is too a good offseason. Boiler Up!

Proud of the fight today! If Walters history is any indication we will be better defensively. If something isn’t done about our offense I don’t see a bowl game happening. I love our rbs and the young TEs look promising. I am not sure how many we lose on the O-line but likely need an impact player there and wr at a minimum. Here is too a good offseason. Boiler Up!
Man, wasn’t hiding out when we were losing im sick as a dog. Btfu whoever the coach is.

If you want an encouraging sign, Marcus Johnson got Nichols and Grant to register the same pff at this level as they did at g5. It was just too much of a mash unit up front. Proud of the guys. Any criticism is deserved if you lose to Indiana

But man did you see the guys they paid straight CASH for like Andre carter? Hope Purdue makes that kinda commitment

People can rip Card all you want but Brian is on to something here…his help was a roller coaster all year! Get this man some help before next season.
16/28 isn’t really something to be bragging about. We still seem mostly lost in the passing game and early I thought Card missed on 4-5 throws that could have kept drives going or scored on.

He was a ton more decisive today in escaping and running with the football and that very much helped us win.

Hopefully the offense as a whole us much better next year.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
16/28 isn’t really something to be bragging about. We still seem mostly lost in the passing game and early I thought Card missed on 4-5 throws that could have kept drives going or scored on.

He was a ton more decisive today in escaping and running with the football and that very much helped us win.

Hopefully the offense as a whole us much better next year.
Wasn’t bragging he had a good point. Look at the WR group Purdue had on the field today….

Last edited:
That’s the hope…

Not that ex-coach Danny has anything to do with it 😎

Wasn’t bragging he had a good point. Look at the WR group Purdue had on the field today….
I am only referring to the wrs he missed. There were probably times they didn’t get open or ran the wrong route but at least 4-5 throws were bad in the first half including a TD to Miller and another 1st down to Miller he missed on.

If i am one of those wrs I am saying “Look at the qb I had throwing to me”

• Haha
Reactions: z_one
I am only referring to the wrs he missed. There were probably times they didn’t get open or ran the wrong route but at least 4-5 throws were bad in the first half including a TD to Miller and another 1st down to Miller he missed on.

Burks is a slot guy. Tibbs is a true freshman. Dixon veal has no business on a big ten field

People can rip Card all you want but Brian is on to something here…his help was a roller coaster all year! Get this man some help before next season.
Regardless what Brian says, Card never played with confidence until the last two games of the season. The last two games he played very good. I think Card has now become the man showing that he can repeat high performance. Brian, until the last two games Card played very poorly. His future looks bright at Purdue now and that is cause to celebrate.

Reactions: Beorik
When it's all said and done, Purdue is one of 5 BIG10 teams with a 3-6 conference record with 2 teams having worse conference records. I and other people may not have liked the results as they occurred, but they're really not that bad, but perhaps much worse than was hoped for. But for a first year head coach, he can hopefully only improve. After watching much more highly regarded teams perform equally poorly in similar circumstances during today's games, I become less critical. But we certainly need to improve for next year in all phases of the game and have more consistent good play.

When it's all said and done, Purdue is one of 5 BIG10 teams with a 3-6 conference record with 2 teams having worse conference records. I and other people may not have liked the results as they occurred, but they're really not that bad, but perhaps much worse than was hoped for. But for a first year head coach, he can hopefully only improve. After watching much more highly regarded teams perform equally poorly in similar circumstances during today's games, I become less critical. But we certainly need to improve for next year in all phases of the game and have more consistent good play.
I feel like there were games this year that the team was not ready to play. Nebraska for sure. Syracuse for sure. I didn't really expect more than 5 wins in the first place with so many new players and a killer schedule. A LOT of improvement needs to be made, but I'm encouraged by how much they battled the last few games.

Just hitting off what Brian said, it’s easy to play the blame game when things aren’t going your teams way but Card gets my respect today. Chemistry is key and that’s hard to build when you’re quarterbacking a team full of injuries and lineup changes.

Not sure what you’re drinking but I’d be glad to share one. Our offense will be abysmal under Harrell regardless of who we have on the field. His scheme is literally to say he’s an “air raid” coordinator who confuses people by running as much as he throws. The only ones baffled by that were Walters and Bobo. Now we are stuck in a position where we can’t afford to keep him because he sucks so bad but we can’t afford to fire him because it costs too much to fire him. We will be the bottom of the BIG for another two years until we can financially afford to accept this hire was a dumpster fire to begin with and we move on. And the cherry on top will be that the BIG is about to get a whole lot harder for Purdue with the 4 PAC 12 teams coming in next year.

Regardless what Brian says, Card never played with confidence until the last two games of the season. The last two games he played very good. I think Card has now become the man showing that he can repeat high performance. Brian, until the last two games Card played very poorly. His future looks bright at Purdue now and that is cause to celebrate.
Could have Card played better?….
Absolutely but you can’t put all the blame on him for his play. I understand he had a up and down season but try quarterbacking a new team that threw a different starting lineup out there every dang game! Hard to build confidence/chemistry when you’re dealing with that and piss poor blocking up front. The dude was constantly under pressure all season long. Hopefully better days ahead for Mr. Card 🤞🏼

Keep in mind, joe tiller was 8-4 in 98. He played 6 non bowl eligible teams. He was 6-0. He played 6 other teams that went to bowl games. He was 2-4

Why we would schedule OOC the way that we do in today’s era is insane.

Reactions: SKYDOG and ChuckJr
Just hitting off what Brian said, it’s easy to play the blame game when things aren’t going your teams way but Card gets my respect today. Chemistry is key and that’s hard to build when you’re quarterbacking a team full of injuries and lineup changes.
Card looked night and day better in his last two starts. I think our offense still needs a ton of work before next season but I certainly hope Card’s play carries over. Bottom line, we all want Purdue to win. I am not rooting against anyone on Purdue.

Time to hold this class together, find some ready to go transfers to fill a few holes and try to get to a bowl game next year!

Card looked night and day better in his last two starts. I think our offense still needs a ton of work before next season but I certainly hope Card’s play carries over. Bottom line, we all want Purdue to win. I am not rooting against anyone on Purdue.

Time to hold this class together, find some ready to go transfers to fill a few holes and try to get to a bowl game next year!
Yes he did and Purdue beats Northwestern with him on the field. Then throw the Freano game in as a win and this team is bowl eligible and fans are a little happier 🤷🏼‍♂️ woulda shoulda coulda I know….
This team desperately needs help on both sides of the ball so the next month will be critical!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chi-Boiler

Need a lot of help in the portal. Anyone know how many portal players a team can take in a year?

Yes he did and Purdue beats Northwestern with him on field. Then throw the Freano game in as a win and this team is bowl eligible and fans are a little happier 🤷🏼‍♂️ woulda shoulda coulda I know….
This team desperately needs help on both sides of the ball so the next month will be critical!
if we got a win over the kitty cats, would be 5 - 7 w/ a strong finish as opposed to Minny

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT