ADVERTISEMENT

N.C. State Basketball Game Threads (Selected Excerpts)

Apr 30, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
There's no doubt we'll lose the #1 ranking because of the Rutgers game, but if we can somehow put how we played that game and the first 35 minutes of this one in the past and play with the intensity that we had for the last 10 minutes (including overtime) of this one from here on out, there's a good chance we'll return to the #1 ranking before March. And just for the record, we may be currently trailing in the Big 10, but we're in first place in the ACC with 3 wins!

As for the Wolfpack posters, they didn't go into the game with a lot of expectations, but because of the Rutgers game, there was a sliver of hope. Then as the game went on and they kept the lead, they started to become a bit arrogant. But then Purdue ripped out their hearts and sent them back home to Apathy Place. So, enjoy their turnaround!

The NC State men's basketball team faces top-ranked Purdue Sunday in the Basketball Hall of Fame Invitational played at the Barclays.

I'm glad that I don't get the Big10 Network to resist any urge to watch this unfolding debacle. This could be worse than the 87-48 Wisconsin game. Purdue's walk ons may be the only ones psyched up for this game.

So Purdue lost to Rutgers who is 5-4......guess they take that out on us? Or maybe we can pull another upset of the "Number 1" team.

So that's why Rutgers beat them; Purdue was obviously looking ahead to this game!

I doubt Purdue has seen anything like Seaborn.......he is gonna go for 40 and 20...expecting a big day out of Eb too....maybe 10 points and 15 rebounds. We are better than Purdue and will beat them handily.

Barclay’s Center! They might rename that place the Bricklays Center by the time we are done with it.

Fans need to pull out all the stops and get creative to keep this close - I saw tiny mirrors refractlng light into platform divers eyes work well in "Back to School".

Better play out of our minds to keep it close, maybe coach will see their big guys and get a big guy stiffy and go get us some big guys so we can develop a winning formula for NCAA tourney and ACC success.

Seeborn and Ebbie are getting ready to open a can of whip azz!

This is one of those games we gotta make ugly. And I think we can keep up if we can shoot well from outside and draw some fouls (neutral court might help with that). But, we gotta stay in front of them and keep folks out of the lane, which we haven't done well yet, and prevent wide-open 3s. They all can shoot pretty well. Big task, but we can win.

Great opportunity for the Pack today. Nobody giving them a chance. Hopefully we can muck it up really bad and steal one. The uglier the better!

We are certain to beat Purdue today. I can’t see Coach KK slipping to 5-8 against the top 10. Not with the system we have on offense and defense.

Stefanovic is still playing? What’s that, 10 years?

Is Edey 8 feet tall?

When I saw him in the huddle I wondered when I missed the return of the Nephilim.. Ebe looks like a child next to him.

OMG!!! 8-0, Pack!

We're shocking the world!

Mass hallucination. I don't believe my eyes.

Too bad there's a TV timeout. Timeouts are not kind to the Pack.

I'm sorry, but if you're going to let that big guy just lower his shoulder and mow people out of the way, then why call any foul?

LMAO. Nebraska looked better than this Purdue team. LOLOLOLOLOL

How can Purdue be the #1 team in the country? OMG!

Purdue looks like we do when we’ve phoned it in over the years.

Is this The Purdue or Indiana-Purdue?

Dang, that Williams kid for Purdue is legit.

#50 has 3 kids and is on his 2nd mortgage.

Refs are whistle happy. We need to be driving into Herman Munster on every possession and try to get him called for some cheap fouls.

Hellems needs to understand he is a role player and just camp out at the 3 for Seabron or Smith to kick out to if needed.

Camp out at the 3? Have you seen him shoot today?

He should camp out on the end of the bench.

We have 10 points in the paint already. Just from layups in transition. Teams with good big men will really give us trouble.

Purdue gonna mess around and let the Pack start believing. LOL

God, please don't let that big boy step on Ross!

What are your thoughts about the announcers?

Well, I think Robbie Hummel might be a little biased. lol.

Not crucial to this point. We're rebounding like Tyrion Lanister amongst the White Walkers and still have a 6 point lead.

Welp, Purdue finally woke up.

Williams gonna play in the league.

Oh, here we go... the wheels on the bus start falling off, falling off, falling off...

Who had us winning the first half on their Bingo card?

Thrilled we’re winning at half but I’m afraid is going to be a tough 2nd half

They are the number one ranked team in the country. Of course, it’s going to be a tough second half.

Purdue leaving some points at the line.

They're leaving points everywhere. Even the 8 foot dude missed 2 or 3 easy layups against our stout front court.

Yeah. I seriously doubt we are gonna win this without incredible 3 point shooting in the second half, but I have been pleasantly surprised. We at least looked like we belonged on the court with a very good team.

Is Purdue going to shoot 17% from 3 again in the second? Can Dowouna keep from fouling out? I don't like our odds.

That big Purdue kid has some great footwork.

Very impressed with him overall. He’s gotta be considered a lottery (or at least borderline-lottery) pick. All the skill you could want out of 6’10, 255 lbs.

Seabron awake. Watch out Purdue.

Wow, nice start after half - Smith is nice!

T. Smith is working on legendary status.

Are we going to pull off a Huge Win?????

The Pack is rolling, Smith is hot, and Seabron is on the verge of breaking out. Right now, the best thing for KKIAW to do is stay out the way, meaning don't try to over coach this thang.

I just drove through northern Indiana listening to this on the radio. And I wanted to report that Indiana still ****ing sucks. It’s like the most depressing place in the country. I hope we win and make it worse.

We are playing well, but this is a soft #1.

Purdue is doing a good job defending the three-point line.

Pack up by 10 and playing very well.

We are getting butt-raped by the rayuffs!

Purdue’s Edey likes to bump the defender using the defender to stabilize himself. Backing off a little puts him off balance and he travels. Don’t know if that’s our defensive strategy or not, but it’s working.

Here comes the patented NC State scoring drought.

Seabron and Ivy are very similar players: Ivy just a bit more polished.

We've got Purdue rattled. Keep it up, Pack!

Win or lose...I've been clapping and yelling more in this game than in any game I've watched us play this year. Our guys are leaving it all out on the court...and that's what you want to see.

Up 10 on the Hellems 3!

You could hear Matt Painter screaming “He's gonna shoot it'." LOL, didn't have to scout Hellems much for that insight

HELL YEAH!!! ANOTHER THREE FOR HELLEMS!! Timeout Purdue!

Painter’s got crazy eyes.

I hope we don't start feeling it! Let's finish a game solidly on the offensive side, please!

These refs know who is supposed to win.

We're shooting 47% from 3. Have we done that in any game this year so far?

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" LOL at Painter.

We've played too well to choke this away. C'mon

Trying to run the clock down instead of continuing to run your offense is going to cost us the game.

0 fgs in last 4:17

Running the scoring drought offense?

Their last 4 fgs have been dunks or layups.

Pack up 8 at the under 4 in the second half. You can fit the people who bet that in a man basket.

State, you got this!

These B1G Network announcers sure seem like they like Purdue.

Google it - they call it the B1G network.

Purdue's is giving it....take it!

And all of a sudden Purdue can't miss.!

64-61. 1 min to go!

Gonna be a sphincter-tightening final minute.

Another impressive late game fold while Keatts clutches his timeouts like ******** candy.

64-64 state ball 20 sec differential on shot clock.

I can't believe they let Williams clear out with that arm then had the nerve to call Ebe for the foul. BS reffing at its best.

Seabrom for 2. Timeout Purdue...66-64. 27 seconds left.

LOL. Painter with a 7'4 center on the bench while the Pack score a layup.... Thanks coach.

Early 2 by Purdue ties game!

State misses, almost gets steal off rebound. Now Purdue ball 2.1 to go.

Purdue throws the inbounds out of bounds. lol

Trying to give it to us.....take it....

State ball 2.1 to go.

And State turns it right back over, wtf! Inbounds pass bounced onto sideline.

We politely and emphatically said no thank you.

Purdue’s behemoth had his foot literally on the out of bounds line. Not allowed, Hayes has to have space.

That boy looks like he's been drinking Mongolian horse milk.

Heave for 3 - air ball overtime.

That was the most awkward 2.1 secs in the history of basketball.

With those last 5 seconds there, the Basketball Hall of Fame has to be proud to have their logo on the court for that fine display of Basketball IQ and execution!

Ugh... I'm concerned. Purdue's coach may eventually wake up and tell them to give the ball to Williams every time down the court.

Painter is not a good coach. Williams should touch the ball every single possession.

I don’t feel good about this OT.!

This one was stolen from us!!!! Win in OT - GO PACK!

The white boy has killed Seabron in the second half.

Wide open 3 out of the gate. Nice D!

The choke is almost complete.

Damn it, Sasha, you brick all game and hit like 8 points in the last 5 mins.

How old is Stefanovic? Seems like Purdue always has a 30 year old.

He's been there since the Berlin wall went down.

They suck us in to rip out our heart!

State misses Purdue rebound. Foul called on other end away from ball. Purdue in double bonus.

I think the announcer just ejaculated!

Wheels falling off big time now. Turnover on inbounds, Purdue misses shot, and easy dunk follow down. 73-68.

The basketball IQ of this team is ******** pathetic, but probably still higher than that of the coaching staff.

Williams one assist away from triple double.

Moral victory? This has been way closer than I expected.

Screw the effort. When your up 12 with 6 minutes to play you should close it out.

Uh, hey! That's goal tending!

Blatant goal tend followed by the white gut guy shuffling his feet in the lane for 4 seconds to end it. Gotta love college basketball.

I think we found out here that we really play to our level of competition.

Refs have just completely swallowed their whistles on Purdue.

KK Never changing as long as he's here. Can't fix stupid. Add on getting a technical foul to give Purdue free throws and the ball. Goddamn brilliant

KK with the composure of a middle school coach.

If Keatts says something about the refs in his postgame, I'll chip in for whatever fine he gets.

Out-coached and out-played down the stretch once again. Shocker.

82-72 final.

Best shooting game we've had all season and STILL blew a 13 point lead.

KK didn't even look at painter when they shook hands. lol

Purdue should drop out of the top 10 after these 2 games.

22 point collapse. We are NC State.

Keatts wants to coach in the Philippines with the Manila Folders. He’d be a great fit.

Great. Now Rutgers is better than us.

But we are better than UNC and FSU!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News