ADVERTISEMENT

MSU has three transfers from within the B1G.

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
Of interest (at least to me) is that Micigan State, Sunday's opponent, has THREE transfers from within the B1G - Alisia Smith and Jayla James, both transfers from Penn State and Janai Crooms from Ohio State.

James is a 6'1" guard who only played 69 mins all of last year and averaged 0.2 ppg for PSU. She is a sophomore in eligibility. Smith is a 6'3" forward - originally from Lansing, MI - who averaged 21 mins, 6.1 points and 5 rebounds per game. She is a senior in eligibility.

Crooms transfered from Ohio State and is a 5'10" guard with junior eligibility. She started 10 games (early in the season) but for the whole season averaged 23.7 mins/game. In scoring she averaged 6.8 ppg and was second on the team with 107 assists for the season.

This would be unheard of before transfer rules were eased. They all started playing in December as did Doumbia for us.

It's a different world. I am in favor of athletes having the right to move once without penalty. I would however like to see it a bit more regulated than what it appears to be now. I do not want it to be like NBA free agency where groups of players try to go all to one school to form super teams. Maybe they should limit the number of transfers a school can take on in one off-season to two for basketball and 6 for football.

Reactions: clbndgm and DocRon
None of these players seem that impressive. We will find out soon. I think this particular game will show a lot about our team this year and both teams are coming off long layoffs. Boiler Up!

None of these players seem that impressive. We will find out soon. I think this particular game will show a lot about our team this year and both teams are coming off long layoffs. Boiler Up!

Merchant owns SV. Remember when we recruited stars. Those days are so long gone!

Reactions: DAG10
Des is back singing the same tune. Gotta love it.

Funny how you never see him on here after a “W”.

Well Ron, since wins have become so scarce, I would not want to be unable to see my friends!

Reactions: Brya31
Well Ron, since wins have become so scarce, I would not want to be unable to see my friends!
The WBB's record is 5-3. So your logic (?) that if you posted during wins you would "be unable to see my friends" does not hold up well..

The WBB's record is 5-3. So your logic (?) that if you posted during wins you would "be unable to see my friends" does not hold up well..

Purdue WBB is a shell of its former borderline Elite status self. Under Versyp the program has ossified into mediocrity. There’s no denying that. Versyp should have been gone years ago already.
This is probably the 500th post saying the same thing. Can we never talk about our WBB team without devolving into that same narrative?

How bad this team is compared to 20 years ago is not what my post was addressing.

This is probably the 500th post saying the same thing. Can we never talk about our WBB team without devolving into that same narrative?

How bad this team is compared to 20 years ago is not what my post was addressing.

Murder part of schedule coming. Should lose all three. Then four very winnable ones. Middle of the pack team. Don't see it changing much in future unless we change. Even that not a guarantee. But I still watch.

Reactions: DocRon
I didn't get to see the MSU unfortunately. I listened to the radio broadcast though. It was disappointing they couldn't pull out the win but they were right there. They were unexpectedly missing one of their key players in Moore and still they were just a couple of shots falling from pulling out the win against a top 25 team. I still like this teams potential. I'm optimistic they can do better than a middle of the pack finish. I'll be cheering for them either way. They are fun to watch.

Ron, I guarantee you few have been wbb fans longer than I and nobody has made more positive Purdue wbb posts on GBI! Nobody.

It would only be funny if there were enough "W"s to justify it being the case...he deserves credit for hanging in/on for as long as he has despite the fact that Versyp has all but driven the program into the ground during her time there.

Like you needed to tell me!

I'm sure you know more about them than I do given your age if that's what you mean. You're a pro at reminding us how old you are. I knew both coached at Purdue well before I got there.

The point is still that you won't cheer for the team anymore because they aren't good enough for you. Curious. Did you watch the football team this season or is the wbb team the only one that has to earn your interest with a conference title contender? Are you watching men's basketball still even after Carsen Edwards left and we probably weren't a tournament team last season?

I'm sure you know more about them than I do given your age if that's what you mean. You're a pro at reminding us how old you are. I knew both coached at Purdue well before I got there.

The point is still that you won't cheer for the team anymore because they aren't good enough for you. Curious. Did you watch the football team this season or is the wbb team the only one that has to earn your interest with a conference title contender? Are you watching men's basketball still even after Carsen Edwards left and we probably weren't a tournament team last season?
From my stand point, the current Women's team is difficult to watch because they play poor b-ball. I assume it is the coaching as they are somewhat talented individuals. I have followed bad Boiler f-ball teams and raised a lot of hell when I saw poorly coached teams. If our f-ball or Men's team performed for 10 years as the ladies have, we would all be so upset I doubt there would be a Purdue Athletic Dept. I understand that since we now treat Women's b-ball as a non break even operation, the athletic dept. doesn't care what they do. Terrible optics for a once very good program.

Reactions: Brya31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT