ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Game Threads (Selected Excerpts)

Apr 30, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
I was glad to see the Boilers finally hang onto a lead. I didn't need the extra stress. Welcome back, Hunter! The Gopher posters were pretty tame, but they did have some good ones! Enjoy. GBT

"Edey is the latest in a long line of 7-footer success stories under Purdue coach Matt Painter. But the first but team to offer a scholarship, when Edey was all raw talent in Toronto, was the Gophers."

Funny how the Strib is running a story on Edey only for the fact that the previously fired head coach swung and missed. Shouldn't this be more about how the David Gophers will take down the Goliath Boilermakers?

No. We must stay laser focused on every individual minor failure, as judged in hindsight and without context, for at least two full coaching cycles.

I can only imagine the raucous applause for Pitino’s recruiting if he’d secured a commitment from a big man ranked in the 400’s from out of state with scant few other offers while Garcia, Dainja, Carlson, and Crowl went elsewhere.

Really can't see any way the guys from West Lafayette have any chance in this one… this is gonna be a easy W for the U!

Gophers > Rutgers. Rutgers > Purdue. Gophers > Purdue.

Purdue 10.5 point favorites. Can't wait to see the fans storm the court.

Let's make Camden Heide flip his college choice tonight.

Incoming 0 point game for Edey.

Daniels getting baptized down low early.

Charlie, we hardly knew ye!

Was that the most overt travel of all time by Ivey or am I missing something?

No wonder they have the most efficient offense. Dribbling is optional.

I have determined that Edey is good.

I'm hoping coaches can adjust to the ease of the entry pass.

Painter whining for every call -taller version of Izzo.

I would like to see TT in there just to see what kind of stones he has. I think they are big.

I agree. If Curry gets in foul trouble, we might see those stones on display.

Looking like we are going to have home court disadvantage with the refs again tonight.

Edey is changing the entire game!

Hard to win when your opponent shoots 80%. Aren't we due for someone to have an off shooting night?

How did Purdue become the most elite club in the incredible Big Ten?

Hunter is showing up for PU. Can someone do same for Gophers?

Sutherlin cannot play on Ivey.

That's an NBA and 1. Hate that.

Always like Painters offense. Could end up with 90. Can’t play much better.

Edey is on the verge of cashing big checks.

Frakking Ivey!!

I will need to spend the half freebasing.

I can’t rewind, but I thought battle was running back after the dunk with 36 seconds left, I blinked, and the shot clock went off… did it take Purdue 7 seconds to corral the ball and inbound it?

Yeah, they stalled just long enough to get the shot clock off.

Purdue is really good - inside, guards, and wings. All damn good. That was my number one takeaway from that half.

Hard to believe they have 3 losses and one being to Rutgers.

The "I don't give a shit, I'll shoot anything I want" philosophy by the Purdue shooters is taking its toll. They don't care if they miss that shot, they'll make the next one or get the rebound. Gophs haven't folded though as always.

TT! 9 point game!

TT gettin' under Williams skin!

Wow....team is absolutely battling. Refs trying to get Purdue into the bonus.

TT with 3 more fouls. Can't save them for the next game. Use 'em all.

Refs are pretty bad.

Pretty bad? There seems to be a rule against touching Edey. Daniels had three fouls in the first few minutes of the game for f*cks sake. TT pick his four up way too quick as well. Think Edey has one foul....

Can't guard their bigs without a whistle being blown. This is a garbage product. They can throw elbows and lean on us but we can't touch!

Edey only has 1 foul because we have nobody on offense playing down low.

Not to mention that he has free reign to create space down by the rim with his elbows.

Get it under 10 for the NET rankings!

Foul on Purdue? The fix is in. The refs just wanted to keep it close before the Gophs blew their doors off.

Williams might be a psycho but man can he pass!

Too bad they let Hunter in the Barn. A difference maker tonite and the game of his career.

We've got 8 losses, but they're all to top-30 NET teams.

Maybe Painter can loan us Williams until the BIG tourney?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News