ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State Game Threads (Selected Excerpts)

Apr 30, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
Sorry to keep everyone waiting, but there were two VERY LONG game threads to go through (almost 200 pages) and then I had to integrate the posts to correspond to the correct game times. The Spartans are anything but brief when it comes to their remonstrations and tears! And I also had to work in watching IU get their hats handed to them by Michigan. A long evening but a very good one. Enjoy!

Let's just get the dub in West Lafayette. Nothing else matters right now. Everything is aligning for us.

Phucking A this is taking for ever!

This Wake game is taking longer than my ex-wife’s sister’s orgasm.

Allen with a holding call as Walker fumbles the ball.

First fumble of Walker's college career, if it stands.

He was down!

Playing "Let it Be" was clever.

PU is selling out to stop the run and we have been lucky to get away with some holds. Thorne better bring his A game today or this may get ugly.

Hey look our trademark let's give them a score on the first drive defense.

I’m going to suggest that since we can’t stop anyone between the 20s we should just onside every kickoff.

Eventually bend but don’t break runs into a team that wants it more.

It was a nice run. This is how you lose on the road. Sloppy, injuries, not awake. Purdue is a crap team.

Bell is going to torch us!

I miss the no-fly zone.

No pressure and we never bring extra guys. QB just sits back and scans for the wide open guy. Hoping the QB can't complete a 10 yard pass is just awful scheme.

3 missed tackles that should have been a sack! LOL

A QB named Aiden just did that to us.

2 whiffs on an easy sack and they get 6....my god guys, just make the tackle!

Can we ******** get off the field on 3rd down!

This UNC game is still happening.

I’m not overly concerned with that Purdue drive. Defensive line was getting some push. Purdue had to throw to move the ball.

Everyone making Purdue out to be 'Bama this week made it true. I’ve never seen a ********* team like Purdue hyped so much. If they beat us it’s because we choked. They’re a terrible team

They aren’t terrible. They have an all American DE, all American WR, and a QB ranked in the top 10 if QBR. Why do you think MSU was only a 2.5 point favorite?

Actually Purdue is really a good team. Toughest team we have played so far this year.

Gotta blitz O’Connell. Every down. Punish him!

This Wake Forest/UNC game needs to end Jesus Christ. It’ll be halftime before I’m watching! lol

That lady ref gave a bad spot, I think she hates us.

TD MOSELY!!!

Finally. 4+ hours later UNC beats Wake!

Bet Wake wishes they hadn’t run off Walker now.

Honest question: why does Purdue ever stop passing?

Hopefully this dude just throws his arm out of the socket!

SACK BABY!!!! Eat a turd Purdue!!!!

God, getting off the field in 3 and long feels so damn good!

This is boring. It’s Purdue.

They’re blowing their load in the first quarter. This is a smoke and mirrors Purdue team.

More commercials than the game itself.

Purdue, please run the ball on 1st and 2nd down again!

This is gonna have to be an ugly win, methinks.

Alright. End of Q1. Slow start for us but it’s tied.

Here comes 10 minutes of commercials.

Defense just has to be better against the pass. Purdue is completely one dimensional. Have to be able to defend it.

If it takes ugly, we will lose. Purdue is better at that.

3rd and 10. Please get off the field!!!

Is there a game going on? I felt a few commercials ago like I was watching something but now I don’t remember.

20 minutes of commercials and about a minute worth of coverage by the defense.

Plus, I missed the 1st qtr watching Wake and NC....thanks espn!

Dear Purdue, please keep running.

Welcome to f’n 3rd and long!

It was only 3rd and long because they didn't throw on 1st or 2nd.

Great 3rd down D. Guy was running wide open across the middle of the field too.

Our defense is really really bad...enough of this bend break crap!

Well, we sure are bending and breaking today.

This defense needs to get off of the field on 3rd down. Their inability to do that is killer.

2nd and goal from the 12 and this secondary is getting sucked up on the run!

We simply can’t stop their passing game.

We must not have paid the refs enough.

Guys, this is my fault. First time I traveled to a game in ten years. My daughter is a Purdue student, but I still should have stayed away!

Do we practice on pass defense? We are 9 weeks in.

You might as well go jailhouse blitz on 3rd. CBs can’t cover anything.

I’ve defended our DBs most of the season as thinking playing soft coverage was just a part of the scheme as to not give up big plays. Today they are just sucking and getting owned. Every single one of them.

This is what a game looks like when teams start scoring TDs against us in the red zone.

Why the f**k can we not stop third and long?

We're 8-0 this year. Why are we so awful?

I think Walker can slow down gravity.

BUMP....like I said earlier in the thread: RIDE that horse fer crissakes. Just moronic he was out last series.

That female refs has literally spotted us 1-2 yards short every play.

Is the chick ref afraid to throw the flag? We’re getting murder by the refs here.

No PI but they call a chop block immediately from a ref 25 yards away.

Fix is in. College football is ****

That chop block call was as bad as the picture quality of this broadcast.

Lol, currently losing to Purdue. What the *****.

Do we even have a FG kicker that can make a 40 yard FG?

Missed. Ugh. Not our day.

Geez ESPN, maybe use your damn sideline reporter to find out why our starting kicker hasn't played yet?

That missed field goal was totally unpredictable....

Not only is this kicker our backup, he also has a broken hand or wrist like half our team.

Have to overcome the refs. We are leaving plays on the field.

We're playing bad enough on our own, the ref can't miss a blatant PI right in his face.

LOL, whining about the refs. Their QB is 11/12 today.

11/12? QB's don't go 11/12 in practice. C'mon Defense!

Unreal the miscues and sloppiness from the number 3 team in the country. This looks like an opening game against an FCS school.

I've never seen a game set up as such an upset as this one. The football gods were surgical with the injuries this week.

Can we start another game thread for people who don't go batshit crazy any time anything "bad" happens?

We picked a bad time for the O to take a break.

I blame this place as well. You guys acted like Purdue was ‘Bama all week. They’re not ******** good. They’re ******** bad. They’re not a good team. Were playing like dog *****. We deserve to lose.

No. this is typical MSU. Don’t finish early and act like buffoons for a half. Like O$U this afternoon, then pull out a win from your hemorrhoids in the 4th.

Chick ref was going to spot that short and checked the chain and took another step.

We need to hit this QB. No reason for him to look like Drew Brees.

Wtf does our LBs just cover grass. When a guys runs through your zone you’re supposed to cover him.

Lady linesman can’t see.

Thanks for punting, Purdue...sincerely, all Spartans.

Jesus.. does Brohm have a neck tattoo or a really bad sunburn?

I wish it looked like we were the more talented team

Illegal motion on a punt.. just wow!

That penalty cost us 48 yards. Holy hell.

Announcers rooting for an upset. league doesn't want a challenge to Ohio State.

The media got their wish. Announcers just cumming buckets.

The media is so happy. They’re seriously jizzing and slurping it all up. Announcers are so happy and Twitter just exploding with douche bags.

Purdue staff once again out-coaching MSU.

Once-again? This is the first meeting between Tucker and Brohm. MSU hasn't lost to Purdue since the JLS era.

Between terrible play and what seems like ABC trying to beat fox for the amount of commercials in a half, this has been fun.

Duh. Getting punked by Purdue. Only worse when it’s Rutgers.

Unreal! Gadget plays works, of course.

That was one of the best trick plays I’ve ever seen.

That was one of the worst plays I’ve ever seen by an offense, and it was a touchdown.

“Coach, why are we practicing this trick play, no one is dumb enough to fall for it”. MSU D. “Hold my jock strap.”

We're in deep ***** now.

Keep the defense off the field, run some clock, they can’t stop anyone today.

Purdue’s super bowl!

Blew our load on Michigan. Nothing left today.

Good grief some of you are insufferable. It’s the first half. We were down by 9 at halftime last week. Kind of agree, but Purdue is better than UM.

Nice drive to sorta settle things down. Get 7 here and we can feel a bit better about ourselves.

This female ref is hysterical. She’s gotten every spot wrong.

Lady ref is always 1 yard short.

And a yard long for every Purdue play.

Carr should have had a better block, might have been off to the races. Looked a little weak against his old team.

We’re not picking this up. The rout is on.

That was a terrible throw. Terrible call. Only left one option with the play to the short side.

Run the damn ball - you have a Heisman caliber running back.

Walker!!!!

TD baby! That’s why you run it! Should’ve done that on third down instead of that BS rollout.

Somebody bury this QB!

Purdue content to be conservative. Horrible coaching on their end.

Purdue did us a massive favor with their play calling.

I’d like to thank Purdue's chicken poop play calling right there.

Halftime!

Alright boys 7 point game. Let’s turn it around for the second half.

Not a great half but we are only down 7. Offense can move the ball but the pass D needs to make a few more plays. Need to play mistake free football next half.

Purdue has a smarter OC and more intelligent players compared to Hazleton and his rabble. But Hazleton and his clowns will figure it out in the 2nd half. He’s done this before.

This guy was 20-24-236 and 3 TDs. Something is terribly wrong with the scheme to allow that.

IDK, maybe the coaches think they have an advantage with this scheme or maybe they don't have the players for man to man...Either way it...

Been hearing that all season. I'm sorry, but this is Purdue for chriminy's sake, not OSU. Double Bell, and cover everybody else. If they don't have anybody that can cover receivers the level that go to Purdue, why did he bring these guys here? They came from good programs, they can't all be stiffs.

We got 'em where we want them. Drag 'em into the deep water.

Keep it tight going into the 4th and Purdue will flinch. Their players are already losing their cool due to the hitting.

MSU: 5 YPC. PU: 1.5 YPC. Can’t lose a November big ten game with a disparity like this.

Yeah Purdue's been playing better than they should be so far, they'll revert back to the norm and MSU will get into a rhythm. I'm feeling good about the 2nd half.

PU has the UGLIEST student body in the country bar none.

You put one guy on the moon 50 years ago and act like it’s a big deal, jeez!

Kickoff!

That female ref may be blind. He did not get back to the LOS on that first down play.

Fumble!

Why run the ball and risk the fumble? Pass every down against us.

Run it with K9 (Walker) down their stupid faces!

Thorne with wheels!

Eat ***** Purdue! TD MSU!!!

Love the Purdue version of the surrender cobra!

If things couldn’t have started worse in the 1st half; couldn’t have started better in the 2nd.

Walker having a respectable game even with Purdue keeping 11 guys on him...

No way O'Connell throws it 50 times this game without at least one pick. Lets get his ass.

More penalty yards on back to back plays than Purdue rushing yards.

We’re *******. Not going to be allowed to win this game.

Big ten has it out for MSU again. Stop me if you’ve heard this before.

My god...ANOTHER flag...this time targeting. NO GD way....the guy was falling toward Barrow.....holey FUUUUCK these coozes are horrible!

The team didn’t do what needed to be done this week to get a win. Purdue is awful. But we chose to be worse.

This. Purdue is terrible. Losing to them is inexcusable regardless of the refs!

Deserved to get scored on there.

Refs with the gift points. Phuc.k them!

O’Connel is 26-30 passing. 4 incompletions and 2 were drops. We’ve defended 2 of 30 passes all game. 2!

Time to smack that ****er QB in the mouth!

Purdue QB is actually not very good - immobile, locks onto a receiver, until recently threw lots of interceptions, takes sacks instead of throwing ball away.

MSU 21, PU 14, refs 14.

They’re running out of commercials now. Seeing the same ones over and over.

Remember when Purdue’s red zone offense was supposed to be bad?

Can’t let Purdue convert 8 of 10 third downs and then complain about flags.

Congrats to these coaches blowing it against a terrible team.

Another hold...shocked! “We picked up the flag because we knew MSU would have to punt. Trying to even this one out.”

Credit where credit is due…we defended a pass!!!

Has Purdue OL been called for holding today?

Purdue is 9/11 on 3rd downs.

Is Purdue running to try and keep the score down?

How do you continually allow someone to run wide open behind you in the redzone?

Purdue’s WR’s could wear bowling shoes and they’d be wide open on third down.

I just don't get it. How does this OL look so ******* against such a bad DL ...

PU can run the ball for -4 on first down all the time because it's so easy to convert 3rd and 17.

Announcers openly rooting for Purdue.

Only thing Williams can cover is this camera angle.

Lol. We spent all week derailing UM fans talking about refs and this thread is the exact thing we blasted them for. Maybe try playing better?

Brohm is absolutely embarrassing this coaching staff.

Gotta hold them to a FGA here or we gone.

30 yards rushing and blowing us the **** out.

This is what it looks like to actually get screwed boys and girls.

If this team were an ice cream flavor today it would be pralines and d1ck.

We got them where we want them. Purdue doesn’t know how to play with a huge lead in the 4th Qtr.

Refs just refusing to call holding on Purdue.

Their defense and our offense would be a tremendous team.

Alright boys, back is fully against the wall. Get 7 and put some game pressure back on Purdue.

13 minutes and you need two TD's. Need playmakers to step up on offense and the D to get one damn stop if that's possible.

Nice middle screen to Purdue transfer Maliq Carr for a gain of 28.

Picked off. Just a great play. Oh well. Season isn’t over. We just aren’t winning anything big.

Mackey? Like the arena?

Token unsportsmanlike penalty against Purdue for a half yard penalty.

LOL...no wonder Bob Knight hated Purdue so much. Meh, then again he hates pretty much everyone.

8-1 with a beatable Maryland next week? We'd all take that before the year. Kinda leaking oil at this point: thin and injured...

Yes. But getting housed on national tv by Purdue of all teams after being ranked number 3 is a massive letdown.

Bell for Heisman!

We hold them to a field goal then get two touchdowns and two 2 point conversions and then beat them in overtime. Lol

TD. Go for 2.

Spartans went 83 yards in five plays, 1:45.

CARR FOR TWO!!!

Go Carr!!! Choo Choo!!!!

Who is Malik Carr and why the holy FU!K is he not in every play??!?!?

I told you guys this team isn't going to quit!

I can’t believe the Purdue guy ran that out and risked a fumble.

I very much do not like Purdue.

Hahahhaahahhahaahaha. That screen play.. every time. How does a screen work when you get no pressure on every other play.

How do you not onside kick it there? They have like 800 yards passing and are doing what ever they want.

KO return for TD, go for 2. Onside kick. Get a FG. Go to OT. Win. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?

538 yards through the air and only 58 on the ground. That’s really unbelievable.

When was the last time fans rushed the field after beating us!

Rushing the field. I guess that’s respect?

Bye bye top 5, we barely knew ye.

Well the CFP hoopla was fun while it lasted. We join Wake Forest as pretenders.

Ball game. Congrats to losing to Purdue fellas. Embarrassing!

Imagine losing by this much to a terrible team.

We lost to a terrible team today. There’s no excuse. Purdue is ******** terrible and we ***** out pants.

Spoilermakers indeed. Hats off.

Brohm to LSU?

Purdue is mediocre. They game planned well for us today and our defense choked.

FORTY points for a 5-3 Purdue team.

I still think we're a better team, better coached, and will win. We just gotta get our heads out of our asses.

Perhaps this performance was part of a grand scheme to lull Ohio State into complacency.

For any Purdue fans reading this: Congratulations on winning this game. Too bad your season is gonna end at some meaningless bowl game. (So will ours, too)

Every year I go to the Quick Lane Bowl, and I’ll be adamantly cheering against Purdue this year when I go.

What a ***** show. The real Spartans showed up today. This is Michigan State. Next up: another Izzo embarrassing season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News