ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Game Thread (Selected Excerpts)

Apr 30, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
Nice to get that win in the books! Now, let's do the same to Illinois and we'll be tied for first in the BIG (Thanks, Rutgers)! GBT

I'm not feeling too confident today. But then again I didn't feel too confident before they crushed IU. Surprise me, boys! Go Blue!

Maybe Austin Davis can dye his hair black and pretend to be Brandon Johns for the rest of the season. Think anyone would notice?

They’re not going to call Edey simply pushing?

Hunter went flying and Diabate just got mugged.

If Hunter get's in foul trouble, this is gonna be a blood bath...

I predict Michigan won’t win if it doesn’t hit any baskets.

If we can start hitting threes, that's going to open up the court for us. Not to mention giving us three points a make...

2 air balls. Yikes!!

Purdue has 6 guys who can hit 3s. Michigan has no guys who can even hit the rim from 3.

Ahhh, Houstan, one of the worst starters in college basketball...just need to get some Johns on the court to really ramp up the suck.

The offense is almost as dogsh*t as the defense...good times.

Ivey not even remotely afraid of the 7 footer. Sure he's got a foul but yikes.

Their center is a better shooter than anyone on our team. That says it all.

Play defense!

Defense?! Play offense...

Lol at the people who thought Michigan had a chance.

Wait, those ppl exist?! Have they actually watched this team?!

You know it’s bad when Purdue Pete is hitting up the griddy on the baseline during timeouts…smh!

For those also flipping around... Why does 6-16 Georgia have a far better home atmosphere than we do?

I am stunned at how bad this team shoots in contrast to last year's team. It is night and day. This team can play decent when they focus and play with effort, the game plan and offensive sets are very good from the coaching staff, it is just the lack of shooting that keeps this team down.

Lol, Eli on Edey under the basket?!

Do you think they should put a height limit to guys who can play basketball?

BRAN-DON JOHNS JR.!!!

Johns did a basketball thing!

Be nice if they would call anything at all on Purdue.

Holy shit, big Dickinson energy!

If we get a lead the game is over!!! Good foul by Johns. Dickinson on fire!!!!

Future lottery pick Hunter Dickinson!

Nearly 16 minutes gone and not a single foul on Purdue yet? What's that foul smell?

Pretty grating when Edey is an absolute goon who gets away with the exact kind of fouls that Dickinson consistently gets called for.

Sad thing is we don’t get calls at home either.

Holy sh*t! 3 ball Hunter. Give some lessens to Caleb!

College basketball is so much more fun when your team is knocking down threes!

The only way to beat this Purdue team is to trade 3's for 2's, Beilein-style. Keep firing.

Caleb Houstan should not be coming back in this game. Provides nothing offensively unless he gets a shoot around type 3 and is absolutely lost on defense.

I guess when your opponent is a literal Ent, anyone can become a stretch five.

Dickinson for 3, cut Purdue's lead down to 4!

Houstan is literally a liability at this point...if/when the team does good things or wins, it's in spite of him.

Man, except for a couple of games this year, I keep asking, WTF is Houstan providing out there except for negative plays way too often, sit his ass on the bench please. That kid would be crazy to try and go pro, he needs a lot more refinement in his game.

No, let's please encourage him to go pro...he's totally ready, go for it kid!

Stupid turnovers are infuriating but down 6 is as good as we could hope.

I don’t think I have ever seen a college basketball game with no fouls on one team for an entire half. F*** these refs.

Yah but to be fair I felt we got away with a lot also. Refs are letting them play.

if you watched Hunter, he has (smartly) totally backed off of D once the ball is being run at the basket in the paint and that Ent they have playing for Purdue should've been called for a couple of brutal charges and back-downs on Hunter.

How is Houstan getting more play today that Diabate?! Juwan must really like Calebs square peg in a round hole style.

Dickinson needs to rest when Edey is on the bench. Diabate can check Trevian nearly as well as Dickinson but cannot stand up to Edey at all. We cannot have Dickinson on the bench when Edey is on the floor.

Refs swallowed their whistles, does Mackey Arena have a radiologist on duty to perform x-rays?

We've seen nearly 24 minutes of basketball, and Purdue has yet to be called for a foul. BS!

Both of Jones' charge calls were with guys in the arc. can't get a charge there, right? Meanwhile, Purdue still has no fouls!!!

All year Jones gets called for the off arm. Ivey does it no foul. JFC!

Not sure I have ever watched a basketball game where one team can body check the opponent, and have ZERO fouls.

Ivey gets away with lots of contact on those dribble drives. Uses the off arm to like shield off the defender. Not sure how that’s never a foul.

Okay, the Pistons might need to draft Ivey...

The guy is 7'4", how in the hell do the zebras miss his travels and 3 seconds violations and barreling into the chest of his defender?

Porous defense and bad shot selection. Other than that, we are doing fantastic.

Dickinson hasn’t touched the ball the last 4 or 5 possessions. Shockingly, we haven’t scored.

Williams doesn’t leave him like Edey does. Have to go down low on Williams and Hunter is flotation on the perimeter.

Yeah, but he he should be posting Williams up and the offense should run through him.

We are leaving open lanes to the basket while on D and on O we cant find those same lanes. Zero easy layups today.

Points in the pain is 14 to 32 Purdue.

Since when is it ok for the offensive player to take the ball after a made basket and stand there with it and pose?? Ivey has done it 3 times, at least.

Ouch...too many gimmes!

Defense is so f*cking bad!

Get Beilein in here as a derensive coach.

Then they call a ticky tack foul on Purdue 30ft from the basket.

My guess is the official was next to the announcers when they clarified that Purdue has committed ZERO fouls!

One damn foul on Purdue in 28+ minutes of this game.

Do the Boilermakers players bring their Moms to Mackey arena? I sure do smell some major home cookin' today!

The sad thing is that I haven’t really seen any the refs have missed. It’s not like we make free throws anyway.

What f*cking game are you watching? Edey commits multiple fouls every single possession. Both charges on Jones were 100% blocks!

We're getting out rebounded like a mother f**nicator!

So they went just shy of 30 minutes and only now incurred their second foul!

Man, those Purdue fans are hateful...

Purdue fans booing because a measly third foul was called on them. FOH

We go from no fouls called to fouls on 4 straight possessions.

Well, they ain't calling them on Purdue, they gotta call 'em on some team!

I bet Purdue loses to any decent team they play in the tournament. They need a home whistle.

You mean like every year?

How was that not a foul when Stefanovic got nothing but Hunter's hand?

Get this down to 5.

Who knew a press with Jace at the top of it would cause them so much confusion?

Wow could you imagine if this game was called even 60/40? This is awful. Refs refuse to let Purdue lose even if it means spotting them 10.

Edey can't believe the ref had the gall to call a foul on him.

Wow, Edey must have said something to incur some wrath...

Cry me a river, Purdue fans, that was a clear charge!

Hey, Purdue, payback is a bitch.

Michigan's playing their best game all year against a really good Purdue team at their best. Fun game.

Does anybody else remember Dickinson being a good rim protector last year? I feel like that was a thing.

These Purdue fans…lmao!

Great rebound by Houstan. Purdue fans utterly clueless.

Tough break. Goddammit we had chances. Not being able to.stop Ivey sucks. He's great but Jesus our defense is so bad.

Too little too late unfortunately... This team is the definition of playing up to or down to competition.

And that’s game. Back to back turnovers. Battled but not enough.

It’s the little things that win you games like this. They’re executing, and we are just coming up short.

Michigan and the refs did a good job of beating Michigan today.

Dickinson what the f*ck are you doing? Cost Michigan the game with 2 turnovers.

Yeah, his 28 points absolutely crushed us. What a clown!

Purdue's got a lot of weapons, size, shooting and athleticism. Tough team.

Imagine if Painter could recruit...

Imagine if Edy was officiated like Dickinson is.

Never realized how annoying Tim Brando/Purdue fans could be!

They'll gel right in time for the NIT bid. Luckily nobody on this team should be leaving except Hunter maybe.

Where would he go? Overseas? He’s a low upside late first rounder at best. Nothing wrong with that, but he’s hardly a prospect that’s gonna turn heads.

For all the weapons Purdue has, they are not impressive. One of the charge calls on Jones goes for an and 1 and I think it may have been a different game.

The problem being that Jones has earned every single charge call he's ever gotten.

Man, I don’t know. I felt like they had 6 players on the floor for a lot of the game today. I typically feel like you do about Purdue but they looked like ninjas to me today.

We’re a football school again! Poor damn Dickinson, he deserves better. I look forward to Purdue’s annual March choke.

Right there all game long. Every time Purdue pulled ahead, we had an answer. We’ll beat them at Crisler.

Let’s face, we are a mediocre team this year. Let’s of shiny parts that don’t function well together.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News