ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Scruggs lands in ACC

At the recruiting coordinator position - I think KG wanted someone with heavy Midwest connections. For some reason SV liked to target the south GA/TN - and hired coaches with connections in that area Morgan/Scruggs - I love our new assistants deep connections in the Midwest and I really hope we target the state intensely. As with the most recent commits/offers it looks like the staff is doing that. IU hasn’t really focused on getting local talent - and ND is national as well. There’s great opportunity in the next 3-4 classes to build a national contender primarily with Midwest/Indiana kids. Which I feel should always be the top priority. Painter has done it - KG is taking a note from him.

At the recruiting coordinator position - I think KG wanted someone with heavy Midwest connections. For some reason SV liked to target the south GA/TN - and hired coaches with connections in that area Morgan/Scruggs - I love our new assistants deep connections in the Midwest and I really hope we target the state intensely. As with the most recent commits/offers it looks like the staff is doing that. IU hasn’t really focused on getting local talent - and ND is national as well. There’s great opportunity in the next 3-4 classes to build a national contender primarily with Midwest/Indiana kids. Which I feel should always be the top priority. Painter has done it - KG is taking a note from him.
Most definitely fits the bill with the Mark Stephens hire. He is very well connected in the AAU world, specifically in Indiana.

Reactions: DocRon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT