ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile, back on the Subject of Cable Unbundling, before ....

isn't that more of mini-bundling than true unbundling? Also, I can't recall who is offering it, but someone recently introduced an ESPN mini-bundle for $20 a month. It had ESPN and a handful of non-sports channels. ESPN is for a lot of potential cord-cutters the biggest reason they don't do it.

We finally got rid of our land line phone, but we replaced it with Verizon's home phone service. Essentially we converted our home phone number into cell phone service, and we are able to use our all of our regular home phones with it (inexpensive wireless phones with one base station) for $20 a month, including free long distance. It's a nice way to go for anyone that still wants the traditional home phone setup rather than using individual cell phones.

I have been using Ooma for almost 4 years and I only pay the monthly taxes ($3.50) associated with having home phone service. I saw recently that Amazon had a unit for ~$110. I love the whole setup with them and it is certainly, as an early adopter, the best VOIP service I have ever had.

Ooma Amazon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT