ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland QB Tagovailoa

FirstDownB

All-American
Oct 12, 2015
Do you think seeing his brother messed up like that will have any effect on him this week?

He flew down to Florida to visit him last weekend and has been fielding a bunch of questions about it all week.

Seeing somebody near and dear to you in that state - can that make you afraid to stand in the pocket? Or interrupt your mental preparation?

Do you think seeing his brother messed up like that will have any effect on him this week?

He flew down to Florida to visit him last weekend and has been fielding a bunch of questions about it all week.

Seeing somebody near and dear to you in that state - can that make you afraid to stand in the pocket? Or interrupt your mental preparation?
IF the Maryland coaching staff is not monitoring that...shame on them

"Purdue preview" interview from Wednesday. Most of the questions were about his brother. He says all the right things here. Seems a bit low energy, but I think that's just who he is.
Thing like this can serve as either a distraction or a rallying point. It appeared to be more of the latter against MSU last week, even though he admits to feeling conflicted about playing.

I don't think he'll be impacted. He played last week and threw a ton. Any nerves/concerns would have been more likely to show then - just over 2 days after his brother got hurt.

Reactions: FirstDownB
Every athlete in high end sports is trained to compartmentalize. He was unfazed last week, would expect no change this week.
Hit him hard every opportunity within the whistles that are legal to knock him off his game. In other words no change for him, no change for Purdue.

Expect a good game.

Personal tragedy also tends to bring out the best in players! Do you remember the outside activities when Purdue played and beat OSU? They played their hearts out for the boy suffering from cancer. Purdue could have played alabama or the New England patriots. They were not going to lose that week! Much like the Saints first game after Katrina. A lot of people talk about Purdue beating OSU, but very few admit that Purdue was playing at a very emotional high.

why do I bring this up? Because people here tend to forget the outside factors of that OSU game! And people don’t realize how big of a factor emotions can play in a person’s performance. Bret Favre’s best day as a pro was the day after his father died. Tiger woods won a tournament after his father died. I expect Taglio will have a lot of emotions and will have an awesome game!

Reactions: Boilerinspirit
Every athlete in high end sports is trained to compartmentalize. He was unfazed last week, would expect no change this week.
Hit him hard every opportunity within the whistles that are legal to knock him off his game. In other words no change for him, no change for Purdue.

Expect a good game.
Yeah, I think that's where I would put my money, gun to head.
If anything, there could be some cumulative mental fatigue from the past couple weeks, but I'm not counting on it. And all athletes and coaches are dealing with that in some way.

Yeah, I think that's where I would put my money, gun to head.
If anything, there could be some cumulative mental fatigue from the past couple weeks, but I'm not counting on it. And all athletes and coaches are dealing with that in some way.
I think he's going to be the difference maker in the game plus if I recall , Purdue usually doesn't play well after an upset victory. Hope I'm wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT