ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Brown

I didn't lose anything. And Stetson is a very good school And Blackmon is going with him, so they'll have shooters for sure, and while Brown plays good defense, Blackmon is like his IU brother....can't guard a chair. I'm happy for a fine young man.

I don't think his parents moved back with him and still have a home down there. Glad for both the young men.

Tell us all this JM....whose the next IU player to screw up? I don't remember Brown or Blackmon getting in any trouble at all.
Very good school , in what respect?

I'd love to have that GTO. Even with gas prices.

Just got my '22 Silverado yesterday. First one of the new styles delivered by my dealer. They did one hell of a job on the interior this year.
Did you have to pay much over MSRP?

Mine is an old build. Ran 11:60s consistently. Probably get in the 10s with e85 conversion. My buddies dad still has his original 65 GTO he bought new. 4:10 4 speed red with white interior.
Those old Buicks were just damn fast! I see them at the Woodward Cruise every year. They always light up at the stoplights. Not burn outs, just leave the light quickly, very quickly. It was a great GM car that they've not really repeated.

As for the GTO, my dad hadf a '65 with the 389 4-bbl, convertable. The 4-speed was nice. I was just learning to drive and it was a great car to learn in. Dad was a bit miffed when he had to replace the clutch at 30,000 miles. He told me he couldn't figure out why it didn't last longer. I just nodded in agreement with a small smirk.

Those old Buicks were just damn fast! I see them at the Woodward Cruise every year. They always light up at the stoplights. Not burn outs, just leave the light quickly, very quickly. It was a great GM car that they've not really repeated.

As for the GTO, my dad hadf a '65 with the 389 4-bbl, convertable. The 4-speed was nice. I was just learning to drive and it was a great car to learn in. Dad was a bit miffed when he had to replace the clutch at 30,000 miles. He told me he couldn't figure out why it didn't last longer. I just nodded in agreement with a small smirk.
My uncle bought a 65 GTO red with black interior. 4 speed. It got stolen that same year. They found it burned to a crisp. So he settled for a 66 Catalina 2 plus 2. Both cars I would’ve loved to have had. My mom had a 65 442. Dad had a 63 impala. The car they had when I was born was a 69 caprice big block. Traded that for a vista cruiser. 🤣

Reactions: mathboy
My uncle bought a 65 GTO red with black interior. 4 speed. It got stolen that same year. They found it burned to a crisp. So he settled for a 66 Catalina 2 plus 2. Both cars I would’ve loved to have had. My mom had a 65 442. Dad had a 63 impala. The car they had when I was born was a 69 caprice big block. Traded that for a vista cruiser. 🤣
Coincidence? My first car was a '63 Impala 409 tri-power. My best man at my wedding had a '66 442. The guy that stole one of my maybe sweethearts had a '65 GTO. Those were the times, my friends, I thought they'd never end.

My son want to sell his '01 S ... know anyone?

Coincidence? My first car was a '63 Impala 409 tri-power. My best man at my wedding had a '66 442. The guy that stole one of my maybe sweethearts had a '65 GTO. Those were the times, my friends, I thought they'd never end.
Yes. They were popular cars at that time. Olds and Pontiac got the formula right.

had mustangs, but loved my 70 Cuda 383 mag. Yes
Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
Those were the days
Oh, yes, those were the days

had mustangs, but loved my 70 Cuda 383 mag. Yes
Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
Those were the days
Oh, yes, those were the days
Did you ever go to Indiana Beach for the concerts?

Did you ever go to Indiana Beach for the concerts?
no, but I had a friend at Purdue that was a hurdler in the high school state finals that took me there one night (summer of 76) after he had been drinking to meet up with another friend. I had no idea he had been drinking that much and that he always wanted to be a stock car racer. I never road with him again after that trip. He put on a head set and turned up his ratio and we were off...and all I recall was going sideways around corners on some gravel road after almost missing the turn. His wife was a music teacher that died in 2007 and and he let himself go and died about a year later.

BTW we found the friend asleep at the end of the pier later that night...

Reactions: Do Dah Day
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT