ADVERTISEMENT

Kudos to the fans yesterday

I was shocked at the turnout. I was potentially going to need a find a single seat close to mine for the Bucket, but I might not even bother looking now.

Reactions: rgarlitz and z_one
The crowd looked great on television!
Wanna take a minute and reflect on this. Purdue avg att is: 54,898 which is good enough for 6th in the B1G and 20th in the country.
They have a better avg than the following teams:
Missouri
Utah
Miami FL
TCU
Miss St
And interestingly enough Louisville

The B1G and SEC are pretty close at 66k per
This leads all other conferences.

Wanna take a minute and reflect on this. Purdue avg att is: 54,898 which is good enough for 6th in the B1G and 20th in the country.
Missouri
Utah
Miami FL
TCU
Miss St

I was shocked to see empty seats for the Cards game last week. They're 8-1, leading the ACC and it's a night game, nice weather and they can't fill the place? Wow. At first I thought it was full then realized "hey, those are empty red seats". And there was a bunch of them.

• Haha
Reactions: Chi-Boiler
Missouri
Utah
Miami FL
TCU
Miss St

Are B1G schools allowed to count geese as attendees? Asking for a friend.

Missouri
Utah
Miami FL
TCU
Miss St

Tenwest, where did you get the BT numbers? It means we passed MSU (understandable) and either Iowa (not likely) or Wisky (surprising, but understandable) on a seven home game schedule.

Tenwest, where did you get the BT numbers? It means we passed MSU (understandable) and either Iowa (not likely) or Wisky (surprising, but understandable) on a seven home game schedule.
You’re right Tom. My ref may be skewed and old. It was a 24/7 site I googled. 😒

You’re right Tom. My ref may be skewed and old. It was a 24/7 site I googled. 😒
Hey, you still might be correct! I was surprised to see Iowas average since 2018 at 54K and MSU's not that much off. And Purdue had a non-conference draw that was pretty well attended, so for 2023 it's possible. The impressive thing is it's over 7 games. Usually you have a dog in there, not so much this year.

I know it makes it tougher to go bowling, but I'm much more likely to make a trip over for Syracuse or Fresno St than an Indiana St or Eastern KY.

Frankly, after the last couple years where our stars sat out, I'm not sure I'll go to another Alamo/Music City/Pinstripe level bowl game. It's silly to me to spend that much to watch us not field a competitive team. That said, the Tennessee MC bowl game was great.

Hey, you still might be correct! I was surprised to see Iowas average since 2018 at 54K and MSU's not that much off. And Purdue had a non-conference draw that was pretty well attended, so for 2023 it's possible. The impressive thing is it's over 7 games. Usually you have a dog in there, not so much this year.
Consider the mostly dry and warmer year that we are having in the Midwest...

Reactions: Tommaker
I was shocked to see empty seats for the Cards game last week. They're 8-1, leading the ACC and it's a night game, nice weather and they can't fill the place? Wow. At first I thought it was full then realized "hey, those are empty red seats". And there was a bunch of them.
The fans know what is coming in a few years. 😂

Reactions: z_one
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT