ADVERTISEMENT

Kendall and Mathias

boilerjrut3

Senior
Feb 2, 2011
Brought it tonight! Proud of them. Just disappointing the paint scoring didn't hold up. Put the two together and we are very tough to beat. Hoping that happens soon!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

IMO, this team still hasn't played its best basketball. If we ever put it all together, I really think this team is capable of beating anyone.

I thought that Purdue lost last night mostly because of poor transition D, failure to block out, and basically being a step slow in the paint. Hammons' flagrant was huge because he seemed to play like he was afraid of fouling after that.

That all being said and to the OP's point, seeing Mathias and Stephens combine for 9/15 from 3 was huge. I didn't really expect to win either of the last two games, so I'm not really discouraged. I like where this team is at. Gotta win against Illinois, though.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I'd like the opportunity to see both of them on the floor at the same time for an extended stretch just to see how much that might open things up. Obviously, there's other issues with doing that.

I'm waiting for the day where all three of these happen in one game: 1. A high 3 point shooting percentage to go along with a potent inside game 2. Great, if not good, Defense and 3. a low turnover number.

I don't think those three have all occurred in one game this year. If that happens, watch out.

So for those who were saying, "Stephens isn't doing it," I think we saw how vital he can be to this team. Without his performance, it would have been a blow out. I would love to see him and Dakota on the floor together more often. Feeding the post is important, no doubt, but we are seeing the era and consequent value of the 3 pointer like never before. Gotta have shooters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT