ADVERTISEMENT

Katie Gearlds

How many times has success at NAIA been a good predictor of success at NCAA Div 1? Are there any examples?

How many times has success at NAIA been a good predictor of success at NCAA Div 1? Are there any examples?
Illinois coach is in the HOF and was winningest coach in Division III. They have been last every year she has been their coach, BUT, they split two games with us this year.

I get it naia isn’t div. 1. On the other hand how can it get any worse than what Versyp has been doing? As my father-in-law used to say “do SOMETHING even if it’s wrong”.

I get it naia isn’t div. 1. On the other hand how can it get any worse than what Versyp has been doing? As my father-in-law used to say “do SOMETHING even if it’s wrong”.

That sounds like absolutely terrible and stupid advice. The same manner of think that took us from Danny Hope to Darryll Hazell.

Reactions: DavidBoiler
Purdue has so much going for it here. It has one of the best venues in college basketball. It has a storied past. It has a very supportive fan base (unlike some schools who boo at their players).

If the Women's Bball HC opens up, there will be a lot of interest. We don't have to gamble and scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Purdue has so much going for it here. It has one of the best venues in college basketball. It has a storied past. It has a very supportive fan base (unlike some schools who boo at their players).

If the Women's Bball HC opens up, there will be a lot of interest. We don't have to gamble and scrape the bottom of the barrel.
Our ”storied past” began to fade 15 years ago. A lifetime for most recruits.

That sounds like absolutely terrible and stupid advice. The same manner of think that took us from Danny Hope to Darryll Hazell.
Oh, okay so continue down the rosy path “do nothing “ is taking the program. Guess I will continue not watching. Enjoy.

Oh, okay so continue down the rosy path “do nothing “ is taking the program. Guess I will continue not watching. Enjoy.

Doing nothing is typically preferable than doing the wrong thing, yes. I'll suggest the alternative of doing the right thing or making a good decision though.

And I'm not surprised you don't watch. Most of the people complaining on here never participated on these boards even when we were decent.

Reactions: DocRon
All’s good. I just never cared for sitting by and watching failure continue. My solution might be wrong but then I adjust again. We just don’t agree and that’s okay. That’s why there’s vanilla and chocolate.

All’s good. I just never cared for sitting by and watching failure continue. My solution might be wrong but then I adjust again. We just don’t agree and that’s okay. That’s why there’s vanilla and chocolate.

I'm not saying your solution is wrong, but I'm just saying change only for the sake of change doesn't make sense to me. We need to be running towards something rather than just running away.

Reactions: Russ Ford
Think it's a good
What a great call!
One last thing, I posted the Katie prediction because I truly believed at the time that this was a Purdue leak, hopefully, with her Coaching the select team she gets in on a few premier players. The girls game a team needs top 20 players to compete for titles, this isn't like the mens game with 1 and dones, 5 stars win titles!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT